LC Fire 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

Sounds like this is the new lake Zurich dispatch center. Unit numbers all seem to be 3*** . Anybody know what towns the unit are from. I'm hearing Volo, Mchenry, lake Zurich and Deer Park locations..

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Sounds like this is the new lake Zurich dispatch center. Unit numbers all seem to be 3*** . Anybody know what towns the unit are from. I'm hearing Volo, Mchenry, lake Zurich and Deer Park locations..
Frequency? Talkgroup?

jpm

33448 Titled as LC Fire 3. I am aware of towns but the unit numbers are confusing. Road trip to one of the stations this summer.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I don't listen to this TG, but after a little research it appears this is Lake County Quad 3 FDs. 3200s are Lake Zurich FD, 3400s are Wauconda Fire District and 3600s are Barrington FD. All dispatched by Lake Zurich, it appears.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Wonder if a change was made to the Lake County simulcast site. The Phase II decode on that TG is WAY better today than it has ever been on my TRX-1... same location, same antenna... night and day compared to Friday the 22nd.

Also, Barrington must have just been added over the weekend... they were still on their old analog Quad 3 frequency dispatched by CenCom as of Friday evening.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
They still are dispatching on VHF and I still hear quite a bit of routine traffic on there also. They do switch to Red Firegroud often. Probably like most other FD's who have made the switch to Starcom for primary dispatch they are keeping the VHF patched for paging since many still rely on call back and Paid on Call personnel to cover their undermanning

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Yep, and I know that they patch VHF during interop incidents for other agencies that aren't on StarCom yet.

jpm

The red fire ground use is the local fire departments are stuck on the 800 mhz cell phone not working within buildings. Many Northwest Central dispatch units go to red fireground and with the trunked fire ground the transmissions come in nice and clear, no break ups that i see as the others claim.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Well, since this first post in May I have not heard Barrington on StarCom at all, only on the Quad 3 VHF freqency. Anyone else hear Barrington on StarCom since May?

Andy2712

Feed Provider
The only Lake County departments on Lake Disp 3 talk group are Lake Zurich FD (32X or 32XX) and Wauconda (34X and 34XX). Barrington FD is still dispatched by Cencom on the Quad 3 VHF (153.890).

Status
Not open for further replies.