LCD backlight on 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

sure is! in your GLOB settings make sure Light Mode is set to normal ... then for each TGRP or CONV object set Backlight to On

such a simple solution, that I couldn't figure out until I asked either lol

good luck!

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
sure is! in your GLOB settings make sure Light Mode is set to normal ... then for each TGRP or CONV object set Backlight to On

Actually since it is a PSR-500 you are talking about the `Light Mode' `Area' setting should be set to LCD if you *just* want the LCD to be illuminated or BOTH if you want to the LCD and the Keys illuminated. Next Set the `Sound Modes' `Mode' setting to on and the `Alerts' to visual. That will assure that all the work you've done in setting the Backlight setting to on will work. You'll need to make the same settings of the `Sound Modes' if you want to have, or also have, the coloured LED turn on or flash, too.

If you are using PSREdit500 to program your scanner the `help function' that Mike provides does a pretty decent job explaining a lot of the assorted settings available.

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {GRIN!}

pogbobo

sorry, I always hear the pro106 and psr500 are the same ... :roll:

In my glob menu I have Light Mode (normal as opposed to stealth) which is what i was talking about, and then Light Area (LCD, or keyboard, or both) which I thought was self explanatory so i didn't mention it ... I assumed it would be the same in the 500 menu ...

either way it seems the op has it figured out ;)

and since when does the sound mode affect the LED light :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.