LCD fake transmission UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Over on the local CT fire forums, it is being reported that the FCC along with some amateur radio operators were able to track down the perp that was doing this. It is being reported that he has been arrested.

I do not have any other information at this time and this is NOT CONFIRMED as of of yet, this just an early report.

I will keep you updated and please do not make any assumptions, ect. I don't want this thread to suffer from the same menusha as over in the closed on.

Admins I will keep a close eye on this thread and submit updates as they are confirmed and become available.

Wiggly2222

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
You are completely wrong and are jumping the gun. It's best you be quiet right now, as this is an ongoing investigation.

Thank you

PJH

Premium Subscriber
You are completely wrong and are jumping the gun. It's best you be quiet right now, as this is an ongoing investigation.

Thank you

And:

Over on the local CT fire forums, it is being reported that the FCC along with some amateur radio operators were able to track down the perp that was doing this. It is being reported that he has been arrested.

I do not have any other information at this time and this is NOT CONFIRMED as of of yet, this just an early report.

I will keep you updated and please do not make any assumptions, ect. I don't want this thread to suffer from the same menusha as over in the closed on.

The information is already out there, so I see nothing wrong with what Izzy posted. If its on the CT Fire forums, everyone in the services prob already knows, along with the media (yes, local media does look to see what goes on there, as well as here at times).

Wiggly2222

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Like I said earlier this is ongoing and the perp is walking the streets right now, so no he's not caught yet. But will be very soon. FYI you guys are completely misinformed!!

Thank you!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

tominbelfast said:
I smell troll.

Considering he joined yesterday and his first post was to this thread... *sniff, sniff* yea I smell troll too.

Last edited:

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Like I said earlier this is ongoing and the perp is walking the streets right now, so no he's not caught yet. But will be very soon. FYI you guys are completely misinformed!!

Thank you!

How do you know he's walking the streets ,he could be driving. Sorry! you opened yourself up to that one ,I had to reply. Lol

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Awwww shucks! I missed making a witty remark before he was banned.............. LOL :D

As for updates, I haven't seen any thing on mainstream media as of yet though the arrest has been confirmed by a few "other sources in the grape-vine."

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
I wonder if this report is true??

I really feel bad for the FCC,they should NOT have to deal with stuff like this........

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
If this guy was arrested or even caught,I have not seen anything on ch 3,30,61 news stations and I watch them everyday,I am sure they would be putting on their news if this is true unless the cops are keeping tight lipped until they finish the investigation.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
If this guy was arrested or even caught,I have not seen anything on ch 3,30,61 news stations and I watch them everyday,I am sure they would be putting on their news if this is true unless the cops are keeping tight lipped until they finish the investigation.

I'm agreeing with the last part of your reply. They probably got the guy and charged him but maybe there is more to come also??

Best kept secret I guess, haven't heard anything more either.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I cover DHS issues for part of my living and was discussing this late yesterday evening with someone who was familiar with it. His understanding of this, as it had come up along the lines of something he deals with , is that they have identified the subject but not charged them. There can be state and/or federal charges pending.

Oh, he also said "the subject was using professional grade equipment and was familiar to the departments impacted." I am curious to see what relationship this person may or may not have had with any of the departments. Familiar to the department to me sounds like a buff rather than a member or former member, but I could be reading that wrong.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting there sefrischling, if you hear more keep us up to date.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Izzy

I think I've got all the info I'll get on this, unless this somehow magically impacts Aviation & Transportation Security (I have been searching some huge issues impacting DHS radios that should have been fixed a year ago and never were)

Status
Not open for further replies.