LCD Monitor Ghosting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

I have a19" HANNS-G LCD Monitor that has been working great for over 4 years, but now is showing shimmering ghosting to the right of every Icon on the desktop and for a good 1/2" of grayish shimmering along left vertical edges of open Pages.

A faint view of the underlying Desktop Icons show through the shimmering area also.
My first hint was a few months ago whe the top left of a full-size page showed a faint image of underlying icons in that upper left corner.

Now, could that be a Video Card problem or an LCD Monitor problem?

Have tried all combinations of refresh rates, brightness, size, etc.

Photo of problem attached.

Wouff

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Diagnosis by substitution my friend, at least with an either/or problem you only have two components to look at.

bezking

What you see is an indication of the monitor failing. I know exactly what you mean - and the lines you describe are not present in the screenshot because they are a result of the monitor - not the computer itself.

WouffHong

To sub or not to sub, TITQ :)

Diagnosis by substitution my friend, at least with an either/or problem you only have two components to look at.

Yup - Know that - Would be my suggestion also - I have a smaller 14" LCD monitor down cellar on the RR Streaming Computer, but the removal and swap is a problem because of my Polio (now post-polio) disabilities. And we're up in a N. Ga cabin with few neighbors. : roll:

Hope to garner a few more thoughts from folks who may have had a similar problem befoe putting out a help-needed request on the Repeater :wink:

Or lure the XYL into it.. :)

Wouff

WouffHong

Down and out?

What you see is an indication of the monitor failing. I know exactly what you mean - and the lines you describe are not present in the screenshot because they are a result of the monitor - not the computer itself.

Yup - My worry al$o - With Turbo-tax shimmering like a victim of occipital lobe double-vision, I can't watch the screen without getting seasick. ;)

The photo, of course can't show the nauseating shimmer, but does show the width of the up-down or left-right shake. :mad:

Grrrr...

Tom

WouffHong

Capture and another question.

Was that a photo, or a screen capture?

That was Screen partial-capture using PSP 7, Jay..

BTW, all: While I am weeping in my beer about Mr.Monitor, I might as well ask about my 2005 Epson RX500 Printer.

With all new cartridges, It won't print the cyan and yellow cartridge ink, so color prints are atrocious.- Tried the Epson People - "Don't support it now - too old" - Tried the Epson Group on one of those "fix your 'puter" groups - No joy.. Have done 2-3 recharges on the durn thing and no change.

Anyone know IF the Epson RX500 has replaceable print-heads that are separate from the Cartridges? (Like living under them)??

Or, am I indeed in the Land of Planned Obsolescence??

Wouff

Last edited:

CapStar362

as said before your screenshot is not going to show us the problem your having. get a camera, turn the flash off and set it for macro mode. then take a closeup of the screen. your RX500 i cannot find anything that says it has independent printheads like some HP's OJ's do. your issue is probably a clogged print nozzle or the head device that actually lays the ink on the paper. at this point id suggest a repair center or a new printer

WouffHong

LCD probs..

as said before your screenshot is not going to show us the problem your having. get a camera, turn the flash off and set it for macro mode. then take a closeup of the screen. your RX500 i cannot find anything that says it has independent printheads like some HP's OJ's do. your issue is probably a clogged print nozzle or the head device that actually lays the ink on the paper. at this point id suggest a repair center or a new printer

Will keep the EX500 for B&W and psychedelic Coor printing! - Looking at EPSON 610

shimmer/flicker hard to capture, of course, and my 5 MP Kodak so-so, but arrached are two pix showing flicker area and ghosting of Icons (gets less obvious after 5-6 hours on) and text ghosting..

Tom

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

Does the monitor have a auto adjust or sync button?

Could be the monitor, the card or tech cable.

Time to upgrade. Cheap video cards are $20 to $30.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Your monitor probably needs the power supply electrolytic capacitors replaced. If you open it up, I'll bet some of the capacitors are bulging. I just had to replace caps in my monitor after 4 years of service. The problem I had was vertical lines on the screen but your issue could also be caused by capacitors in the power supply. Monitor manufacturers use the cheapest capacitors they can find and they just don't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.