BCD436HP/BCD536HP: LCN and Capacity Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
I'm the new owner of a BCD-436HP that I bought mainly for DMR monitoring. What I'm running into is some conflicting information concerning whether LCNs are needed for Capacity Plus systems or not. I know they are needed for Connect Plus systems but I've read 2 different things concerning Capacity Plus. I've run the Analyze feature on a couple of systems in my area that have heavy use and I either get only a few of the LCNs or none at all. I went and reset all the frequencies in one system to LCN 0 and I was still getting traffic on the system, so that makes me question whether I need them or not.

Thanks for any help.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm the new owner of a BCD-436HP that I bought mainly for DMR monitoring. What I'm running into is some conflicting information concerning whether LCNs are needed for Capacity Plus systems or not. I know they are needed for Connect Plus systems but I've read 2 different things concerning Capacity Plus. I've run the Analyze feature on a couple of systems in my area that have heavy use and I either get only a few of the LCNs or none at all. I went and reset all the frequencies in one system to LCN 0 and I was still getting traffic on the system, so that makes me question whether I need them or not.

Thanks for any help.

I have some youtube videos on DMR.

Click the one for DMR Trunking the 3rd link. You'll need to know all active channels. Best bet is put all the freqs in Conv. mode and get all the color codes and what freq are active. Than put them in a trunk system and so on.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
My "workaround" since the inception of DMR is I put the "known" trunking frequencies in order from lowest to highest to start. If you are having problems following conversations, make a change of two frequencies at a time until it follows the conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.