LCN Finder count

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

NX 4 system with six licensed frequencies (WQPP490). First three frequencies are Control, last three frequencies are Base. Currently running my LCN Finder for the system, using all six frequencies. I have three hits found.. Here is my question that I have no shame in asking, even though I really should be aware of this by now...Do I have all of the necessary LCN's that can be located? In other words, do the LCN's come from the Base frequencies only? If that is the case, then I have them? Help out a demented old circus monkey,

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In the old forum there was a spreadsheet calculator if you knew 2 you could type in the other frequencies and it would calculate them. But I had all my luck with my x36's and SDS100 the more busy the system the faster it finds them. I have sit in a town for hours when the system was not busy until it found all LCN's

AlphaFive

Yes, true. I want to assume that I know what I think I know.. I have always understood that the LCN's originate from the base frequencies. It makes sense. But,, we all know what happens when you assume something. Since all three were the base freq's, and nothing on the control frequencies, I'm hoping that is it. And, yes, without a doubt, when running the LCN finder, patience pays off. Never save it too early. I normally will leave mine on overnight into the next day. On this one though, I'm thinking I got it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
NX 4 system with six licensed frequencies (WQPP490). First three frequencies are Control, last three frequencies are Base. Currently running my LCN Finder for the system, using all six frequencies. I have three hits found.. Here is my question that I have no shame in asking, even though I really should be aware of this by now...Do I have all of the necessary LCN's that can be located? In other words, do the LCN's come from the Base frequencies only? If that is the case, then I have them? Help out a demented old circus monkey,

You're using some odd nomenclature. That license contains three repeaters - 155.0325, 155.835, and 159.1875. Those are the only frequencies you should be programming in / running LCN finder on. Those are the only ones on that license that would typically be outputs on a trunked site. If you have found three LCNs and those are the three frequencies for which you found LCNs, you're good to go. Remove all but those three and have fun. FX0 / FX1 / FX2 / MO / MO3 are not going to play into the picture. Just FB2 / FB6 / FB8 stuff.

Just curious, do your results match what is in the DB for the same system?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=27206

AlphaFive

Thank you very much for the reply. That information certainly helps much. And yes, the R.R. database is correct. As a side note, I had been running the system as a test in a 1 Freq mode, and finally decided to build it correctly this morning. I wanted to see for myself what existed regarding the LCN's. I can't remember exactly, but several months ago I submitted the information on K.A.V.L., but if I submitted the LCN's then, I don't have any list of it... Thanks again, big help.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I have found on a local NX96 system, that has 25 frequencies, if I have at least 4 of the LCN's I will receive traffic

AlphaFive

Well, I'm learning this morning, count out the base/repeaters on the license, place those into the LCN Finder function. I would think even if you land one of those on the count, you'll get something. Land them all on the count, you'll miss nothing. It's all good

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Alpha you live in a wonderful area I have been through that area a few times. One time from Greenville Tn to Charleston SC and in the early 80's doing truck and tractor pulls with the sled.

AlphaFive

Alpha you live in a wonderful area I have been through that area a few times. One time from Greenville Tn to Charleston SC and in the early 80's doing truck and tractor pulls with the sled.

Might be nice to look at, but coming from Florida as I did,, this is a radio dead zone, but hey I've got a winter view of Pisgah sitting here if I look real close. Thank you all for your help on the LCN's, I have a much better understanding of what to include in the LCN Finder function...Have a great day

pir8radio

SDS100 LCN Finder, i let it run for a few hours, found 2/3 at one site... What do i do now? How do i view or save the LCN's found... I made the mistake of hitting the back button and lost the two I found.. not sure how to view them?? Are they written to any logs, i couldnt find them. they didnt save to my favorites for that site.... The manual says you can stop early and save what you have, but I cant seem to figure it out..

"Once all LCNs are found, you can save the LCNs to the system. If you abort before all LCNs are found, you can still save the LCNs that were found up to that point. "

Ubbe

Uniden made a huge mistake in the user interface of the LCN finder. If you back out of it using the most polite and logical way, you're gonna loose all the findings without any warning and there's no way to get it back. You have to start over again.

You have to select a more unlogical way to abort the LCN finder operation by going directly to scan, by doing func+system, something that to me would abort without saving anything, but instead you get a prompt "Save Found LCN's?". You should get that prompt regardless of how you exit the finder operation.

/Ubbe

Hit_Factor

Then read the scanner back into Sentinel to see what values were saved.

73, K8HIT
Icom: IC-7300 IC-PW1 ID-5100A ID-51A Plus 2 IC-R30 Hytera PD782G Uniden SDS100 DVMega SDRplay RSPduo

Status
Not open for further replies.