BCD436HP/BCD536HP: LCN Finder not working on DRM systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssinglet

LCN Finder not working on DMR systems

With the last 3 firmware releases (.17, .20, .21 ), I have noticed that the LCN finder is not working. I have 2 436 units with the DMR upgrade programmed with the same DMR system and I am hearing constant traffic on on one radio while monitoring on the other with the LCN finder open. the signal bars never show any signal on the LCN finder screen. However, if i open the system status screen it is reading 1 to 3 frequencies used and the signal meter is full bars with the CAP showing in the bottom right. Has anyone else been having issues with the LCN finder?

Last edited:

k3fs

I have had poor results on DMR systems with the LCN finder. On capacity plus systems I have found it to work less than 10% of the time. On connect plus, probably close to a 50/50 shot.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
With the last 3 firmware releases (.17, .20, .21 ), I have noticed that the LCN finder is not working. I have 2 436 units with the DMR upgrade programmed with the same DMR system and I am hearing constant traffic on on one radio while monitoring on the other with the LCN finder open. the signal bars never show any signal on the LCN finder screen. However, if i open the system status screen it is reading 1 to 3 frequencies used and the signal meter is full bars with the CAP showing in the bottom right. Has anyone else been having issues with the LCN finder?

I have issues with LCN on Con and Cap systems. On Both systems you'll need to make sure you put the correct color code in the freqs. Also you have to make sure they are active freqs exmaple if Con+ has 10 Freqs if 5 freq's is not in use or non active you have to take them out of the LCN Finder. If you have the correct freqs and color codes and make sure on the LCN Finder you put 0"zero" not 1 or 2.

Here is a video I did awhile ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdClv0V14Q

Status
Not open for further replies.