SDS100/SDS200: LCN Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
using the SDS100 scanner, I am trying to use the LCN Finder.
in Scanner .......... MENU > ANALYZE > ( Input System Name )
how do I go about entering the " System Name "
I am sure this has been discussed before but I could not find it
thank you for your time

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thank you for your time
Use the scroll knob to enter the name. Scroll to the letter you want, then use the arrows over the soft keys (directly under the display) to move the field left or right. Usually, you do not need to enter the full name, only the first few letters, then hit Enter (the E/yes key). If you were to enter only the first letter of the name, and then hit Enter, you would see all systems in the Favorites lists you have set to scan that start with that same letter. Pick your system by scrolling to it, then hit Enter.

Once you have the system selected, you'll get a screen showing the sites that are associated with it. Pick the site you want to analyze for LCNs and hit Enter to select. (If there's only one site, you still need to select it.)

Remember that the LCN finder needs some system activity to work. Very little activity, and the system may not access all the LCNs it uses. Too much activity (super busy), and you may not get a good run either, as too many channels are being used out of their normal sequence.

Once the LCN finder has found all the LCNs, or seems to have stalled out, be sure to hit Function + System to save the results. Then, either use Sentinel to read the scanner back into the software, so that you can review the results. Or, in the scanner, use the menu.
Hit the Menu key to get to the Main Menu
Scroll down & select Manage Favorites
Select the Favorites list that your system is in.
Select Review/Edit System
Scroll down & select your system
With the system selected, scroll down & select Edit Site
Pick your site from the list (if more than one) and select
Scroll down & select Edit Frequencies
Now, for each frequency, select it & press Enter
At the Frequency screen, don't change it, just hit enter again
That will take you to the LCN for that frequency. If it has a number, other than zero, that's the LCN the Analyze run found. Make a note of what number it is. If that LCD screen shows as zero, that means no LCN was found for that frequency. You may find a system that has, say eight frequencies licensed for that location. But even running LCN Finder for some extended period, you might never get more than four. It's possible that the ones that do not get an LCN are not currently in use for the system.
You can enter through the LCN page, as well as for the color code or RAN (assuming that you already knew those), and go to the next frequency. Enter through it as for the first, and repeat the process until you've been able to note all the LCNs that were found.

W5RGP

thank you for your time

Just hit enter again it will bring up every system then just scroll to the system hit enter again and pick a site hit enter again and there you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W5RGP

Well it will bring up every active system that is capable of having lcn finder run on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Thank You so much for your input. I knew there had to be a logical solution to my problem. Thank You for your time

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What determines if the system is able to have LCN finder on it?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What determines if the system is able to have LCN finder on it?
LCN Finder is only useful on a few types of systems: Standard LTR, EDACS, DMR (MotoTRBO) trunked, or NXDN (NEDEDGE) trunked systems. For DMR and NXDN, it would be a system that uses two or more frequencies, as opposed to a single frequency using talkgroups, which can be programmed as a One Frequency Trunked (OFT) system. No LCNs required or used on P25 trunked systems.

Reactions: RRR
Status
Not open for further replies.