LCN? For NYCOMCO (Ulster, Dutchess, Orange Public Safety)

Status
Not open for further replies.

19rsc78

Can someone please help me out here. I am trying to set up a trunked system (EDACS) on pro-164 triple trunk scanner. I have win97 and of course radioreference subscription. I cant fin the LCN order for this system because I don't own a second scanner. If anyone has this set up please let me know the order or another way I could get it.. Much appreciated - Any suggestions would be helpful......

D

DaveNF2G

Searching the postings in this forum would be the way to go. The system has been described and discussed extensively in previous threads.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The LCN's for all NYCOMCO sites are right here in the RR database, not sure why you're having trouble finding them.

NYCOMCO (Ulster, Dutchess, Orange Public Safety) Trunking System, Various, New York - Scanner Frequencies

FYI the info on Dave's site is out of date. The info in the RR database was updated a week ago and is up to date.

You can also head over to this thread on EastCoastScanning.com, which is always the most up to date.

East Coast Scanning Resources - NYCOMCO EDACS for OC Police/Fire/EMS...updated 09/24/10

19rsc78

I am not getting the same results on this site. East coast scanning and NYCOMCO EDACS
list the same frequenicies for Site 1.When I look at radioreference they are missing some of the frequncies that are active for site 1 (Not sure why, maybe misreading the diagram). When I listen, I get the whole conversation. I am not sure if I will get the whole conversation if I only program 5 frequncies for the enite system as opposed to 13 that are on the other sites (Hope that made sense) TOWER SITES
Site 01 - Illinois/Highland
LCN Frequency
1 854.4125
2 860.8875
3 858.0375
4 860.1125
5 860.7125 (inactive)
6 859.1125
7 858.1125
8 856.1125 (inactive)
9 857.0375
10 858.6375
11 855.3125 (inactive)
12 859.8875
13 855.9625

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't think you're reading the RR database right. I submitted the updates myself a week ago, and they mirror EastCoastScanning exactly. All 13 LCN's for Site 1 Illinois /Highland are listed on the RR page. You have to read from left to right to see LCN's 01-07, then drop down to the next line for LCN's 08-13.

19rsc78

Dam Chaffeur, your absolutely right on that. I missed that the numbers continue down on the bottom from left to right.I guess everything you need to know you learned in kindergarden. Whoops

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
LOL! Nah it's cool, I just wanted to make sure you weren't seeing something different than I was! Important thing is, you found what you were looking for and are all set now.

mciupa

Chauffeur6, I was wondering if you have the control channels/alternates for the various sites ?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
EDACS systems don't have dedicated CC's. At any given time, any LCN at a site can act as the CC. Contrast this with a Motorola system, where only four LCN's per site can act as a CC.

CC's for EDACS systems should never be highlighted in the RR DB, for the above reason, as well as the fact that it would be completely irrelevant. EDACS systems can't be trunk tracked in "CC Only" mode like Motorola and P25 systems can, all LCN's must be entered, not just whichever LCN happens to be the active CC at that moment.

Last edited:

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the NYCOMCO system and programming into a scanner. I have the Uniden bcd996xt. It only lets me program a certain amount of groups to each system using the software to program it on the computer. I have 3 systems for the NYCOMCO broken down with all the groups I want in there. If I locked out just the sites and left the systems and groups unlocked in 2 of the 3 systems will it still work properly to reccieve the groups in the system where the sites only are locked out??? The sites are the same in all 3 systems as I have it programmed.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

SCANdal

Silent Key

First off, great scanner to own...

Now on to your question...I am not sure what you're asking. You can't "lock out" just the sites; the radio needs some way of hearing a control channel to do the magic that it does to trunktrack.

Let me see if I could explain this a little better...

Step one: Select a site you wish to monitor (i.e.: Beacon)
Step two: Create a system in the 996 and program the Beacon site's particulars (LCN, quick keys, etc.) into it.
Step three: add all the talkgroups you wish to monitor on the system you created in Step 2, creating related groups - up to ten - as you go along (i.e Countywide LE TGs, Local LE TGs, Fire TGs, Gov Svcs TGs, etc.)

Repeat the process for the next site you wish to monitor, and the next, and the next.

Orange is served by five sites (Arden, Beacon, Ellenville, Graham, and Schunnemunk), so, in theory, you should have five systems created - one for each site - each with their own assigned system number in your scanner. They each would need their own scan list (which, in my case, is programmed identically in each system - thank god for cut-and-paste). Now you can select and unselect the sites, using the appropriate system's assigned quick key(s), as you travel into and out of the ranges of each system - or as your needs otherwise desire.

I hope this helps,

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.