LCN - Question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached an image so that you can see what I am talking about.

But is it alright to have 12 lcn's with some of the frequencies listed as 0.0000. This is how it imported from RR.

Do I leave it like that, or do I delete the 0.0000 frequencies.

Are there benefits to one way vrs the other?

Thanks.. Zac.. BC-246T

Edited to say that I just noticed this question my be better suited for the Trunking section? My apology.

Attachments

• lcn.jpg
    lcn.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

firefighter89

With a LTR system the LCNs do not always go in order, some skip some channels like the one you have programmed. You have it programmed correctly.

DickH

I have attached an image so that you can see what I am talking about.

But is it alright to have 12 lcn's with some of the frequencies listed as 0.0000. This is how it imported from RR.

You leave the 0.0000 channels empty. Apparently the LCN for that system is 3,6,9,12.

When you say "leave the 0.0000 channels empty", do you mean to leave it as the uploaded image shows it to be.. or do I delete all the 0.0000 channels and just keep 3,6,9,12?

bReed11091

It shouldn't matter. I have been using FreeSCAN lately and I just enter the frequencies and change the LCN's to match what is on RR, leaving no room for 0.0000. If you find that the way you do it doesn't work for you, then you might want to do it like I said above. It seems like doing it your way is a little bit more work. Just use the EZ-Grab feature and the program will put the frequencies in so all you have to do is change the LCN.

DickH

When you say "leave the 0.0000 channels empty", do you mean to leave it as the uploaded image shows it to be.. or do I delete all the 0.0000 channels and just keep 3,6,9,12?

When you program an empty bank, the channels may show zeros or they may not, depending on which scanner it is. The point is, you just put those freqs. into those exact channels. 0.000 is not a frequency.

Last edited:

n2mdk

Since it's a BC246T it should make no difference once uploaded to the scanner. The DMA memory should only store the frequencies that are used and assign them the proper LCN numbers. The 0.0000 won't show up or take up memory space.

cpuerror

First off, excellent choice of software. Secondly, for an LTR system like this one, the right LCN has to be assigned to the right frequency, but i do believe the 0hz ones can be safely deleted. For type II systems or P25, the LCN is irrelevant.

SCPD

QRT
Although not as common, some EDACS systems leave open channels also, so the lesson here doesn't just apply to LTR systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.