ProScan: LCN's for TRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

After much frustration I think I've mapped all the LCN's for a local TRBO system. I've hit a bit of a snag in Proscan and the manual isn't helping.
How do I enter 2 LCN's for 1 freq? Is the / allowed in the field? I don't want to mess up the programming and have to start all over..

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,

After much frustration I think I've mapped all the LCN's for a local TRBO system. I've hit a bit of a snag in Proscan and the manual isn't helping.
How do I enter 2 LCN's for 1 freq? Is the / allowed in the field? I don't want to mess up the programming and have to start all over..

On the unidens you don't need to put same freq twice. Just enter it once. For example

Freq 450.7875 LCN 1
Freq 450 6375 LCN 2

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
But if each freq has 2 LCNs one for each time slot. Or I am misunderstanding something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
But if each freq has 2 LCNs one for each time slot. Or I am misunderstanding something.

There is a Cap+ system in my area and I did 1 freq and lcn finder. It works with 1 freq not 2. It follows the TG as it should. If you have a 2 way radio than you'll need to put 2 freqs in 2 different time slots.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Much appreciated. I'll poke at it and see what I can break..

You can do LCN Finder on the uniden. It took me awhile to get that system the link above started cause each site looks like to have 2 freq per site. Make sure you have all voice or rest channels and color codes and go from there.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I don't think my 996p2 or 325p2 has LCN finder.. At least not as I have found yet..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Maybe some day with a new firmware update they will add it to these.. cough cough hint hint UPMan ;-)

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber

Hello,

It is confusing because different programs/radios do things differently. Motorola uses Repeater Number (LCN) and Slot for Con+ and just a Channel Number (LSN) for Cap+. DSD+ uses the Logical Slot Number (LSN) for everything.

Uniden Scanners LCN values are based on frequency or repeater and do not take the slot in account.
https://forums.radioreference.com/u...8-dsdplus-ch-s-uniden-con-lcn-conversion.html

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.