LCNs - the Orion Network and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

wja95226

Hi All

As the big comms companies have join forces and created the Orion Network across several states. I believe I have identified the method the companies have come up with for the systems LCNs.

I am in Queensland and the 15 odd local LCNs I have discovered, with my USDS100 for the Orion Cap Max (DMR T3), ranged from 360 up to 1789. I worked it out that starting at 485.3875MHz with LCN 1 and then stepping up 1 for every 0.0125MHz or 12.5KHz spacing and finishing on 511.9875 with LCN 2128. All of the 15 odd LCNs I had found, fell in against thier corresponding freqs. I then plugged in the missing LCN in and the network up here came alive.

It is quite easy to make the list up, if have access to a spreadsheet program, you start with 485.3875 in one cell and 1 in the cell beside it. In cell below 485.3875 you use the formula 'Cell above + 0.0125' and the cell below the 'Cell above + 1', you then highlight the two cells with formula in them and drag them down until you reach 511.9875.

Queensland Rail is using a DMR T3 system and for the LCNs the techs have just gone and used the 32 channel blocked provided for them in the 400MHz Rail Industry Frequency Assignment. Lowest freq/channel LCN 1 and worked up to channel 32 and LCN 32.

Philcomm - Cap Max system, starts off on freq 449.8125 for LCN 1 and again steps up 1 LCN per 12.5KHz spacing.

Well that's all I have for the moment, I hope it helps

regards

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
Interesting,
I see Moto have delayed cutting off the tetra zeon network in alot of areas totally , transitioning to Orion was supposed to be happening December , I guess the virus played a part

wja95226

Hi All,

I made a mistake in the above email. Philcomm starts at 461.5125MHz with LCN 1 not 449.8125, it is amazing what happens when leave a Zero out. (I used 0.125 instead of 0.0125)

Regards

philbert87

Multi State AU - DB Admin
Database Admin
Re Zeon Digital i doubt it will be turned off for some time in Queensland as both Qantas and Brisbane City Council are users BCC has a contract that Motorola must adhere to and as for Qantas no idea whats happening with them

Ubbe

Couldn't you use the LCN/LSN calculator?

/Ubbe

headsense

Hi All

As the big comms companies have join forces and created the Orion Network across several states. I believe I have identified the method the companies have come up with for the systems LCNs.

I am in Queensland and the 15 odd local LCNs I have discovered, with my USDS100 for the Orion Cap Max (DMR T3), ranged from 360 up to 1789. I worked it out that starting at 485.3875MHz with LCN 1 and then stepping up 1 for every 0.0125MHz or 12.5KHz spacing and finishing on 511.9875 with LCN 2128. All of the 15 odd LCNs I had found, fell in against thier corresponding freqs. I then plugged in the missing LCN in and the network up here came alive.

It is quite easy to make the list up, if have access to a spreadsheet program, you start with 485.3875 in one cell and 1 in the cell beside it. In cell below 485.3875 you use the formula 'Cell above + 0.0125' and the cell below the 'Cell above + 1', you then highlight the two cells with formula in them and drag them down until you reach 511.9875.

Queensland Rail is using a DMR T3 system and for the LCNs the techs have just gone and used the 32 channel blocked provided for them in the 400MHz Rail Industry Frequency Assignment. Lowest freq/channel LCN 1 and worked up to channel 32 and LCN 32.

Philcomm - Cap Max system, starts off on freq 449.8125 for LCN 1 and again steps up 1 LCN per 12.5KHz spacing.

Well that's all I have for the moment, I hope it helps

regards
Ok so I was struggling with LCN's for a few systems and applied your advice and it help me correct a few issues on Philcomm Cap Max system, however, I query the logic of your advice on the Orion network as the lowest network frequency I could see is 463.475 and so applying your rule from that frequency..... 3000 plus LCN's which are out of sync with what you've posted. I did try the method as you specifically described and did not produce results on Orion as yet.

Unfortunately I'm only listening and analyzing during night hours at the moment so Analyse and LCN finder is incredibly slow process to produce results for a single site. I'm also not using an SDR just a scanner so slow and hard slogging. I'll keep trying and I have solid coverage from multiple sites in both mentioned systems.

What level of traffic are you seeing on the Shift network by the way ? That's a whole other plan to unravel.

wja95226

Hi All,
Orion seem to be using two different lists of LCNs, one in the 500MHz and the other in 490MHz. I can only think that when Queensland Radio Service and Mastercom joined together they kept their different network LCNs, to save on reprogramming every bodies radios. As for Shift, the network is fairly quiet at night, even during the day I've only heard three or four operators.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Orion network

PM me what info you are after, I will point you in the right direction of some software and how to use it correctly.

Shift network

Seems to not play nicely with scanners. Shift network seems to use a slightly different protocol which tells the radio where the voice channels are (If you had an SDR and DSDPlus you would be able to see this info). Uniden scanners don't seem to detect an LCN, nor do they seem to follow an LCN correctly if its entered. I'm yet to find someone who has had luck tracking the Shift network (From what I hear, its pretty quiet anyway)

headsense

Thanks i'll shoot you a message , funnily enough at the time of sending my last message I tried the 3000 plus LCN method for Orion and actually got a hit but didnt catch the site. Im not convinced its right though. Shift seems geared to a more specific market, I hear bits and pieces and see plenty of the subscriber units for sale on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.