Lcra p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Nac PD are the 200 units and Nac SO are the 500 units.

If that is the case, then 15543 and 15544 may be SO talkgroups. But there were only 4 unit IDs including console using those talkgroups (8349252-255). I still heard 154.830 in P25 conventional being used with a dispatcher and it was not linked to LCRA. I did not hear any traffic on SFA's PD or Security repeaters.

It would take someone in the area that knows routines to program this in and listen and start logging talkgroups.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Storm tonight seems to have messed with the VHF tower. Keep hearing tg 7010 key up with the 999xxxx id. No audio, just a persistent key up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
Boerne seems to have a system failure of some type, dispatch is using handhelds .

Last edited:

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I was curious also if they were patching the vhf to the system. Also is the new/old 155.655 going to be P25? I haven't' been around the Kendall area in awhile.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I was curious also if they were patching the vhf to the system. Also is the new/old 155.655 going to be P25? I haven't' been around the Kendall area in awhile.

K9ROD had said something to that extent on this or another thread a while back, saying that they were installing VHF back in the cruisers. I would think that multi-band radios like the APX7500 or 8500 would be better than having two radios to keep the clutter down, but I don't plan on sitting in a cruiser any time soon to find out, haha.

This is the first I am hearing of it being linked. I have never once even heard it key up with any voice. I have gotten hits on it before that must be locals bump testing, but I have never noticed them key up a TG on LCRA like the 155.400 Fire/EMS repeater does to TG 7028.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know what is currently happening with the VHF P25 system, I do know they have not installed any radios in patrol vehicles yet. Some issue with a surrounding county and programming.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Converse PD made the switch to being dispatched by Bexar County East Patrol. 99xx series numbers.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Site 14-14 is up now as a 5 channel tower. Neighbors are Wimberley, Creedmore, Dripping Springs, Luckenbach and Smithson Valley. It came in strongest between Blanco and Johnson City and faded as I took 290 East toward Austin. I’ll have the DB updated with it later as Blanco County since it isn’t nailed down yet. Also, Unitrunker didn’t log any activity on it at all which makes me think it may be brand new and not yet accessible.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Site 14-14 is up now as a 5 channel tower. Neighbors are Wimberley, Creedmore, Dripping Springs, Luckenbach and Smithson Valley. It came in strongest between Blanco and Johnson City and faded as I took 290 East toward Austin. I’ll have the DB updated with it later as Blanco County since it isn’t nailed down yet. Also, Unitrunker didn’t log any activity on it at all which makes me think it may be brand new and not yet accessible.

After going back and looking at the Unitrunker logs from site 14, I also noticed that there was not a P1 or P2 in the "access" column, but the band plan table had the 00/01 and 08/09 channel splits with 2 slots on the latter, so this may be the first Phase 2 site coming online for LCRA if it all holds. I'll be back through there this coming weekend so I'll check it again and see if it starts to identify as a P2 site or not.

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
Tuesday evening my G5 (programmed to roam sites) switched to site 73/F (hex) while at home near Dripping Springs, CC was 773.09375. Programmed that as a system in the SDS with ID search. Heard brief Hays FD traffic and Gillespie SO traffic. Signal strength about the same as Dripping Springs site.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Tuesday evening my G5 (programmed to roam sites) switched to site 73/F (hex) while at home near Dripping Springs, CC was 773.09375. Programmed that as a system in the SDS with ID search. Heard brief Hays FD traffic and Gillespie SO traffic. Signal strength about the same as Dripping Springs site.

I’ll add it as 115-15. If you get a better idea of the exact location or additional frequencies, submit an update or reply here.

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
I finally found some time to get Unitrunker running on site 115-15. Here are the details:

On the Info tab, under APCO P25, channel access is P1.

Frequencies (all checked as CC):
773.09375 (current CC)

Peers:
101-001
114-014
118-018
121-021
125-025
127-027

Calls were sparse, and it doesn't appear to be carrying anything consistently. TGID's with hits (including joins): 5557; 5634; 5635; 6559; 7001; 8501.

Still don't have any better handle on location. Unitrunker gives a call sign (WPWB5H?) but it doesn't check out in the FCC database.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I passed through around the same time tonight and came up with the same stuff but the signal was stronger as I approached Johnson City and weakened as I went US 281 S to Blanco. Site 114-14 was strongest near Johnson City but weakened through Blanco. Looking at their licenses for the 900 mhz opensky sites, it appears that they have a Johnson City tower and a Spicewood tower. This seems to line up with the scanning results.

On another note, Site 114-14 is a Phase 2 site with Unitrunker displaying Channel access as P2 and having the 00-XXXX single slot splits and 01-XXXX dual slot splits on the band plan. As such, I have updated LCRA P25 as being Phase 2 capable even though we have not yet seen any P2 traffic.

This has me curious as to whether they are trying to fix coverage issues in eastern Gillespie and western Hays counties, or if Blanco County, who is on GATRRS, would rather join the system that most of their neighbors are on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.