Lcra p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
rattlerbb01
Edit: Just listened to the conversation on the archives, LCRA is downing the Kendall tower, which is the one at Bergheim if site naming convention still follows from the EDACS days. So you can monitor the frequencies for the Bergheim location and see when the CC comes back up if it is broadcasting P2 channel access. The bandplan will show 1 slot and 2 slot channel splits as well when this happens.

Where are these archives??

On my feed for Kendall County. If you are a premium subscriber you can pull them up. I just download the timeframe I want to listen to, open it up in the free Audacity program, and highlight the whole 30 minutes and choose the “truncate silence” option under Effects to eliminate all the dead air to listen to the transmissions.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
This is actually pretty handy. Thanks for the info. I know that New Braunfels PD is encrypted now but do they have any traffic in the clear? My sister and my mother live there and I'm going to be headed down for a visit sometime in the next few months hopefully. The last time I was there it did seem that they might be totally encrypted on the police traffic anyway. And is Comal County using the LCRA TRS now? I think I had one or two talkgroups for them but I was still receiving them on their digital VHF frequencies also. I can't remember if I ever did hear them on the LCRA system?

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
rattlerbb01 has answered your question. The New Braunfels FD is stil in the clear.

Don

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for the help on the Comal County and New Braunfels area.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

jbsarandolphmonitor

When my area switches to phase II I will be saying goodbye. Most of the tgs in my city are encrypted. I am having more fun listening to the airplanes that fly over my location taking off and landing at Randolph AFB.

K9ROD

Funny, I'm 270. The dispatch office was telling the Sheriff SGT on duty that the Bergheim Tower would be down for both P25 and Open Sky. Yes they are co-located. LCRA mainly uses Open Sky. The SGT didn't understand and asked if they would still be on primary. I asked him to go to Op One to explain that it would effect all TGs in that area, but not a specific TG. I'm still not sure he understood. Working on trying to give some radio operation classes throughout the County to eliminate some of this confusion. Rod

K9ROD

Someone asked about the rural fire departments numbering system.

Bergheim - 30's
Boerne - 40's
Comfort - 50's
Sisterdale - 60's
Kendalia - 70's
Waring - 80's
Alamo Springs - 90's
Sheriff - 1100's
Boerne PD - 300's
Fire Marshalls, Constables, OEM - 200's

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Funny, I'm 270. The dispatch office was telling the Sheriff SGT on duty that the Bergheim Tower would be down for both P25 and Open Sky. Yes they are co-located. LCRA mainly uses Open Sky. The SGT didn't understand and asked if they would still be on primary. I asked him to go to Op One to explain that it would effect all TGs in that area, but not a specific TG. I'm still not sure he understood. Working on trying to give some radio operation classes throughout the County to eliminate some of this confusion. Rod
That's good that you can help out and I am so surprised that training is not something that many agencies seem to give or get when they switch over to various TRS'. It should be a mandated test that you have to pass before you can continue on I think.

I've got some Fort Worth area officers that are friends and enjoy the hobby of monitoring as well. They've got many years of experience and understand their radios but so many of the other officers in their departments don't. They get all excited about the gee whiz, big change, interoperability capability and then don't know how to use it when it is needed. I've heard this so many times that I've come to expect it. But I've been real impressed by the DPS aircraft that assist in the area and the pilots that fly those aircraft and know what they're doing. When they come to assist they know what they're doing as far as how the radios work. And they have just about everybody in the whole DFW area programmed in to their multiple radios in the helicopters. It's not even their TRS and they know how to work on it better than many of the agencies that use it daily.

The radio can be just as important, if not more sometimes, as the firearm or many other tools law enforcement uses. It's their lifeline and every last one of them should know how to use it flawlessly. But once they get the radio it just seems like nobody knows how to use anything so they don't for a long time. And then when they need it, and need to go to another channel or do something else, it's total confusion to switch to a channel or a zone or whatever and be able to communicate.

I honestly miss the old Intercity days where everybody knew how to use it and all they had to do was switch a knob to a different channel position haha. I've heard countless pursuits where the perp drives through multiple jurisdictions and gets away because nobody knows how to get on a channel, an interoperability channel, and communicate. I just hope it doesn't ever cost an officer or public safety personnel their life.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

K9ROD

Funny you mention InterCity. The SO here still hold a license on those frequencies rated at 900w PEP. I was told by a coordinator that if any changes were made to the license, that would go away. 900 watts PEP - the good old days. When you keyed up a radio and the headlights dimmed. Rod

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Funny you mention InterCity. The SO here still hold a license on those frequencies rated at 900w PEP. I was told by a coordinator that if any changes were made to the license, that would go away. 900 watts PEP - the good old days. When you keyed up a radio and the headlights dimmed. Rod
Hahaha like you the good old days. Would the modern day electric cars, it sounds like keying up would probably cause them to just die and pulled to the side of the road :)

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I'm having to use Google Voice to Text and words are changing after I send messages again today. I hate this thing sometimes! Sorry for all of those typos that it changed after I replied.

Snoops94

Premium Subscriber
Anyone shed some light on whats going on with the San Marcos site (attached picture)? Just a few nights ago it was using about 5 channels. This recent change has my trunk-recorder missing calls, will have to add another SDR if this is the norm...

Attachments

• p25sm.PNG
    p25sm.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 29

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
Looks like that site is phase 2 capable. Those 08- channel numbers are two-slot channels. I can’t quite pick up that site from my home, but a few other sites in the system have been showing phase 2 capability recently.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Could be. The two tgs are still patched. I haven't seen any radio IDs on tg 12134 yet. Pro96com has been logging all day. I will keep my eye on it.

Don

NC5267

I have seen that TG before come across in the past. It was during the standoff with the guy in the car on 35 North. It was mainly NBPD handling it but Schertz dispatch had mentioned that their SWAT would be assisting and 12173 started popping up. Completely encrypted like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.