LCRA Wilson County

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Have family in Wilson. Good to see they are planning on joining. The PDs and SO are on separate channels(SO is P25, cities are still analog with old Motorola radios) and the ESDs around the county are barely getting into P25 over the past couple years or so. They must have liked what Guadalupe and Gonzales counties are saying about the LCRA system.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
True. Could be separate. Joining would make sense since two neighboring counties just joined. But, the people in charge don't always do what makes sense

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
The document I snapshotted shoes adjacent towers and the LCRA 700 footprint, I would bet they are extending the system into Wilson Co much like they want or wanted to do in Kerr Co

tkowalik

Banned
Was calling for this move long ago. Good to see that after inflated salaries, paying for fuel to respond to fender benders, and fulfilling the apparatus wish list, there was finally room to spend the taxpayer dollars on something that actually made sense. Only took a decade but progress is progress.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Digging in further to the other attachment to the application, LCRA is using WPTZ776 to build Floresville and Stockdale sites, and this license covers West Wilson and LaVernia through the Wilson Co SO. They aim to have it online within three months of licensing. I can confirm nothing is online yet, 700 or 900, after passing through Floresville today.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I'm through Wilson County at least once a week. I'm sure I'll grab the sites when they're online. Probably be a quick switch over. Not a lot of new subscriber radios to pass out. That county and Floresville can be very quite at times. Like most of the rural counties out there.

tkowalik

Banned
Digging in further to the other attachment to the application, LCRA is using WPTZ776 to build Floresville and Stockdale sites, and this license covers West Wilson and LaVernia through the Wilson Co SO. They aim to have it online within three months of licensing. I can confirm nothing is online yet, 700 or 900, after passing through Floresville today.

Absolutely fantastic news to hear! Reliable communication is key 100% and this was absolutely needed. Keep us posted!

ninjabonez

Premium Subscriber
BOUT TIME !!
wow - look how far they've come... this will be so much better than their old analog system. with their old crusty budget.
now LaVernia is starting to show some growth, and from the days when there wasnt a need for more than 1 part time cop. lol

they need to put up a couple more cell towers out there too... maybe by 2026...

--but at least now they can buy the PD and FD some quality radios --- with all the fires and DWI wrecks its def over due.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, and maybe put Floresville and Poth back on the SO channel. I know they scan everything but all the LE agencies on one is much better interop wise.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
138.38 and 140.40 are on the air apparently showing up as neighbors of 130.30 from a recent submission.

13838,"T8A26",200,"00-0419",774.24375,"" - West Wilson Co site
14040,"T8C28",200,"00-0464",774.80625,"" - either Floresville city site or Stockdale site, under WPTZ776 state license

tkowalik

Banned
Looks like 138.38 is Floresville and 140.40 is maybe LV or Stockdale. Neither are online but both have been showing as neighbors to Cibolo and Hickory Forrest sites with 140.40 also showing as neighbor to Seguin and Kingsbury sites. DSD showing them as “FAILED, Info Outdated, ISOLATED” since last week.

Also a new neighbor caught my eye on Kingsbury site, 160.60 - 770.71875. No idea where it is. Also 161.1 - 770.71875 is showing up but with the same thing “FAILED, Info Outdated, ISOLATED”.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Looks like 138.38 is Floresville and 140.40 is maybe LV or Stockdale. Neither are online but both have been showing as neighbors to Cibolo and Hickory Forrest sites with 140.40 also showing as neighbor to Seguin and Kingsbury sites. DSD showing them as “FAILED, Info Outdated, ISOLATED” since last week.

Also a new neighbor caught my eye on Kingsbury site, 160.60 - 770.71875. No idea where it is. Also 161.1 - 770.71875 is showing up but with the same thing “FAILED, Info Outdated, ISOLATED”.
The true Floresville city site and Stockdale are both using the state license so they won’t show up in the fcc database. The two licensed to Wilson Co SO are the LaVernia site and the West Wilson site which has a Floresville address but in reality is closer to Calaveras Lake.

tkowalik

Banned
The true Floresville city site and Stockdale are both using the state license so they won’t show up in the fcc database. The two licensed to Wilson Co SO are the LaVernia site and the West Wilson site which has a Floresville address but in reality is closer to Calaveras Lake.

Gotcha. I have noticed site 1.57, network BEEE09.13E, 774.53125 come up along with 1.58 - 774.78125, same network but not neighbors. Haven’t noticed any TGs or traffic, just broadcasting BSI=WPTZ776. No idea if related.

Also looks like missing 770.15625 and 770.44375 in DB for Seguin site.

KB0VWG

Have family in Wilson. Good to see they are planning on joining. The PDs and SO are on separate channels(SO is P25, cities are still analog with old Motorola radios) and the ESDs around the county are barely getting into P25 over the past couple years or so. They must have liked what Guadalupe and Gonzales counties are saying about the LCRA system.
It is good to know I also have family in Wilson county.
NC5267 you might know the neills?
Will do more listening next time I am up that way.
kb0vwg
wpru444

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Gotcha. I have noticed site 1.57, network BEEE09.13E, 774.53125 come up along with 1.58 - 774.78125, same network but not neighbors. Haven’t noticed any TGs or traffic, just broadcasting BSI=WPTZ776. No idea if related.

Also looks like missing 770.15625 and 770.44375 in DB for Seguin site.
When you locate any of those new WPTZ776 sites, LCRA or 13E, submit to the database. Same goes for additional voice channels or control channel lineup changes. We don’t differentiate between control and secondary control in the database any longer, but if it’s a Moto system and the displayed control channels change, we will have to update the database. LCRA is all Harris infrastructure so all voice channels are also control

tkowalik

Banned
When you locate any of those new WPTZ776 sites, LCRA or 13E, submit to the database. Same goes for additional voice channels or control channel lineup changes. We don’t differentiate between control and secondary control in the database any longer, but if it’s a Moto system and the displayed control channels change, we will have to update the database. LCRA is all Harris infrastructure so all voice channels are also control

Got it, will do.

hperrenot

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone found the talkgroup numbers for Wilson County yet? I know from an inside source the talkgroups have been created already.