LCRA Wilson County

tkowalik

Banned
Something is odd. ESD1 gets mutual aid from ESD5 but crickets from ESD2, 5 has to drive right by 2. Then on another run, ESD1 gets mutual aid from 5 across the county and ESD12 from Bexar when Stockdale is a few miles away, but crickets. Plus heard a little something going on in ESD1, waiting to see if true. Very weird things afoot.

And when the ESD1 secretary announced she was quitting and emailed over 200 people, my jaw hit the ground on 2 email address I saw.

tkowalik

Banned
Probably nothing. We wish her well.

Attachments

• 4E1059AE-FBE5-4776-94D3-5C6337B41E30.jpeg
    4E1059AE-FBE5-4776-94D3-5C6337B41E30.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 36

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Heard a callsign 1003 checking out for a road damage report called in. First time hearing that callsign. It was on north. Or whatever they call 16501. The call was close to the county line near Bexar.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Pretty extensive list of all talkgroups in Wilson County has been updated. Interesting that they have called 16501 East and 16502 West, and what they now call North and South are not being used at this time.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
That's weird. I'd like to see a map of how they came up with that. Floresville and Poth are on 16502. Poth is about as far Southeast as you can get in the county on a map. Maybe they drew a line from Stockdale to Poth or something.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
That's weird. I'd like to see a map of how they came up with that. Floresville and Poth are on 16502. Poth is about as far Southeast as you can get in the county on a map. Maybe they drew a line from Stockdale to Poth or something.
If I had time I'd go through the calls audio on 16503 and 16504 to see if they've been used any more, I know I was hearing 16503 used by LaVernia PD (I think) to have them respond to a county call nearby last time I checked it out on Calls. I've identified a LOT of LCRA and GATRRS talkgroups so far just by checking the Calls Platform every week or so in my spare time. Seldom used channels sometimes get accidentally turned to once and moved on from, but a lot of times they do say something like "500 to 508 on Patrol 2" which makes it easy.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the setup in the database, it looks like they have a setup similar to Guadalupe County. I know a guy with GCSO, and he said the dispatch channels they call internally are Southwest and Northeast, one called North Ops, and one called South Ops. But the ops channels are used for patrol talk channels mainly. It looks like WCSO has the same kind of channel lineup. Wilson County has a population of about fifty thousand, While Guadalupe County is close to a hundred and fifty thousand. So, WCSO will probably be using fewer channels than GCSO. Just from my experience monitoring both agencies for years. It's more of a they're there if you need them for Wilson. Plus, Fire will use tac channels more than SO or PDs in the county will.