LEAP: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Recently, I watched a very informative PBS documentary on Prohibition. I learned about more about the Volstead Act. After watching the HBO series Boardwalk Empire, I was even more interested in the history of prohibition in these United States.

When I read this article in the NY Times, it made me think & reflect on this matter. I did not know there was an organization like LEAP.

So, here is some food for thought:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/03/us/officers-punished-for-supporting-eased-drug-laws.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha23

Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die – TIME Healthland

The myth of the "gateway drug" still abounds in the minds of many; however, consider this:

[M04] Necessary and sufficient conditions

CHAPTER TWO

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There IS a connection between Prohibition and "the war on drugs" but you just don't see it. Using what they learned they came up with some pretty sneaky snake legislation, the "problem" never changed, only the approach to it. You think marijuana should be legalized and taxed? Sorry, the big boys know a simple truth, there's far more revenue to be gained by prohibition than by taxation.

By keeping it illegal both sides make money hand over fist. Sorry if a few get in the way of bullets, it's only business, nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.