Leavenworth County / PRO 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinman

I recently moved to Kansas and have been trying to get my old Radio Shack Pro96 to pick up Leavenworth County Dispatch and fire.
I'm receiving some KHP transmissions but most of Leavenworth County is garbled. I'm assuming its encrypted. I was trying to pick up Basehor PD.
Is most of Leavenworth County encrypted or is my old Pro96 not programmed right or just not picking it up?
Trying to decide if its worth upgrading to a new scanner.

nosig55

I recently moved to Kansas and have been trying to get my old Radio Shack Pro96 to pick up Leavenworth County Dispatch and fire.
I'm receiving some KHP transmissions but most of Leavenworth County is garbled. I'm assuming its encrypted. I was trying to pick up Basehor PD.
Is most of Leavenworth County encrypted or is my old Pro96 not programmed right or just not picking it up?
Trying to decide if its worth upgrading to a new scanner.
Leavenworth city/county is not encrypted. Control channel is 851.850. Bashor is dispatched out of LV county sheriff. It mostly P25 with some analog. That radio should work if programmed right.

nosig55

I will also add that LV is a multi-site and is heavy simulcast. There are three towers on the south and three on the north side of the county. I am on the NW side of LV city. I have a Pro-106 that does good at times. If you need help I may be able to assist.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Maybe it's an issue with your PRO 96 and Simulcast. Site notes indicate its a Simulcast and the PRO 96 is no way up to date with combating simulcast distortion.

gavinman

Maybe it's an issue with your PRO 96 and Simulcast. Site notes indicate its a Simulcast and the PRO 96 is no way up to date with combating simulcast distortion.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking after I did some searching. What's the last expensive decent handheld that would work?
My Pro 96 is old, I've looked online briefly. New handheld scanners are expensive!

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Thanks. That's what I was thinking after I did some searching. What's the last expensive decent handheld that would work?
My Pro 96 is old, I've looked online briefly. New handheld scanners are expensive!
I bought a Unication G4 from East Coast Pagers. The G4 works on 7/800 MHz only but the G5 is 7/800 MHz plus VHF or UHF (whatever you select). @w2lie

It was cheaper than an SDS100 and 200 and works for me but find what works for you.

PhillipV

Premium Subscriber
I do thank that the multi-site and heavy simulcast has a lot to do with it.

I am in Leavenworth city/county and yes a lot of it is just garbled. I can get a lot of other place's not in LV very good all the time.
but Leavenworth city/county is bad just a lot of in and out garbled.
BTW I have a WS1065 and a Fosa 30MHz - 1200MHz Wideband Scanner Mobile Radio Antenna on the inside of a 8th floor window.
851.850 and 852.0625 is what I have programmed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.