Leaving OKC and returning to Maryland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Hey all, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am leaving OKC. I came out here to attend Bible college and now am returning to my home church. It has been a joy and a pleasure to be a part of the Oklahoma RR group. Surely, our forum has been one of the best and busiest because of the many contributors who all play a part in the radio hobby we enjoy. I look at how things have changed over my stay here. When I came out here, my scanning interests were fairly limited. OCPD was still on VHF conventional and OCFD was on UHF conventional. I was still young enough that I didn't understand how to get DPS properly programmed into my Pro-94. Six years has changed many things. Now everything seems to be trunked and much of our public safety has gone to ProVoice. Even a good number of the feds are P25 encrypted now. Regardless, I still enjoy the radio hobby and intend to keep the scanners turned on in Maryland. What's nice about technology now is that I can still hear OCFD and DPS using the live audio feeds on RR. Anyway, I appreciate the many friends I've made on this site as well as the positive attitudes that they have exhibited. While many forums on other websites have become trash heaps of trolls, foul language, and people who love to argue, RadioReference is the kind of place that we are happy to send visitors to and to enjoy ourselves. I'm so glad that I have been able to enjoy this hobby along with so many of you who like the same things, in all different variations. Thanks so much, my Oklahoma RR friends, for being just that -- friends.

Scott

woodyrr

Wirelessly posted (Woody\'s iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Have a safe trip and best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.