Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmphoto

Hey friends,

I just got my RadioShack Pro 97 from ebay yesterday and I've been storing what's left of the Johnson County Motorolla trunked system - I'm trying to add Leawood which uses EDACS in the same bank and I'm getting nothing but the typical crazy noises from the control channel - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
KCoax is correct, Motorola and EDACS systems can't be programmed in the same bank. You'll have to program them into two separate banks or the scanner won't track them properly.

n0lqt

Especially true with EDAC. Each frequency is assigned a Logical Channel Number (LCN). Each of those frequencies MUST be programmed into the corresponding channel in the bank you are using. LCN-01 must be in channel x01, LCN-02 must be in channel x02, and so forth. be sure to watch, Pro-97 banks begin with channel x00 and that channel must be blank. Say you are using Bank 6. Set it to EDACS. Channel 600 must be blank. Channel 601 must be 858.4875. Channel 602 must be 857.4875. Channel 603 must be 856.4875 for the south zone. Then program in the talkgroups you want. Hopes that make it work for you.....

MadSpleen85

Hey friends,

I just got my RadioShack Pro 97 from ebay yesterday and I've been storing what's left of the Johnson County Motorolla trunked system - I'm trying to add Leawood which uses EDACS in the same bank and I'm getting nothing but the typical crazy noises from the control channel - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I have noticed that once in a while also. I have Prairie Village and Leawood grouped together, in the same bank. Usually for me the buzzing only lasts a few seconds then it works as normal. Is your noises constant or only off and on similar to mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.