Lebanon County - HARRIS RF COM - EDACS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Any updates?

So I guess not many more agencies have signed on to the Lebanon co. TRs? I was there last week and didn't hear anything. Lancaster Co. line in east cocalico I get the "Lanco Line/Cornwalls Heights" TRS. Now my next question is...are these different sites simulcast? So if there is something going on in Lebanon city or Annville, can I hear it on my site, or do I have to try and pick up the Lebanon site?

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
policefreak said:
So I guess not many more agencies have signed on to the Lebanon co. TRs? I was there last week and didn't hear anything. Lancaster Co. line in east cocalico I get the "Lanco Line/Cornwalls Heights" TRS. Now my next question is...are these different sites simulcast? So if there is something going on in Lebanon city or Annville, can I hear it on my site, or do I have to try and pick up the Lebanon site?

It is a Simulcast system. You will hear it on any site, once the system goes fully 100% on-line.

Fire Dept. now has the radios and are allowed to test on them. Fire 1 - Fire 12 talk-groups.

As long as the rain stays away on monday, you should hear something durring training & Drill 6pm - 10pm...

I know I will be bringing the portables out to training tomorrow.

RoyNolt

policefreak said:

I live close to the turnpike with an outside antenna, can hear them no problem

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
system doesn't work in his own office.

ANNVILLE - Annville Twp. officials said they were encouraged after Lebanon County officials told them Thursday that emergency radio coverage in the Annville area should get better this year.
Since county police departments adopted the county's emergency radio system in 2006, police have been troubled by poor reception in some parts of Annville Twp. Police response to a recent robbery in progress was delayed by poor radio reception, township officials said.
Township Police Chief Michael Burdge said the county's system doesn't work in his own office.
http://tinyurl.com/6aoha5
http://tinyurl.com/6xxk95

HarrisRF

Lebanon has 3 trunked radio systems. North, South, and Cornwall. We are getting ready to add a site to the south system for coverage issues, and another stand alone like cornwall. I believe the site locations are Annville and MillCreek.

Cornwall Freqs:
465 1125
458 5375
458 8125
465 3625

FYI: I can hear the South System all the way down in in Mount Joy where i live.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Lebanon has 3 trunked radio systems. North, South, and Cornwall. We are getting ready to add a site to the south system for coverage issues, and another stand alone like cornwall. I believe the site locations are Annville and MillCreek.

Cornwall Freqs:
465 1125
458 5375
458 8125
465 3625

FYI: I can hear the South System all the way down in in Mount Joy where i live.

Those freqs you have listed are the input freqs, not the rcv. freqs.

the correct ones are already listed in the database.

We have the following systems:

North:
Grantville Site
Jonestown Boro. Site

Central/Main:
Lebanon City Site
Annville Site

South:
Palmyra Site
Mount Wilson Site
Myerstown Site

SW:
Lawn/Cornwall Site

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Radio Reception is very good.

Have had my portable as far as Lancaster City before it drops the S System CC.
Have had it just into Wyomissing in Berks County before it drops Either N or S Systems.
Have had no problems with the Radio working in the Derry Twp, or Hummelstown Boro. area.

In Annville area, it does keep switching from N, C, S systems in some areas of the Twp.

Cleona Boro. It locks on S, C, or N depending on where you are.

Only once down past Lawn area, have I seen the radio lock on the SW system.

There are many dead spots in the Jackson, Mill Creek Twp. area. So that extra South site should help big time.

Units are finally getting there users testing and training on the New Radios and using the trunk system.

PD/FD/FP/EMS units are starting to use the Inter agency operations Talk Groups (Common 1, 2, 3), We used the Talkarnd Channels for the Battle for Brandt event at LVM. (My Idea) and it worked out great.

FD are starting to use the Fire Talk-groups for training and Fire Ground operations. :) :)

What we need done is to patch the following Full Time:

Conventional Fire 1 (33.7400) to Talk-Group Fire-2
Conventional Fire 2 (33.7800) to Talk-Group FireGround-3 (Fire-3)
Conventional Fire 3 (33.9400) to Talk-Group FireGround-4 (Fire-4)
Conventional City FD TAC-1 to Talk-Group FireGround-11 (Fire-11)
Conventional City FD TAC-2 to Talk-Group FireGround-12 (Fire-12)

Also EMS needs patched:

Conventional EMS 1 (155.2800) to Talk-Group EMS-1

And Fire-Police needs patched:

Conventional FP 1 (154.4450) to Talk-Group FirePol-1

This will allow for interaction of new Radio system Mobiles / Portables and the current old radio system.

Even though FP is last to be moved to the new system, since there are so few, and there junk 1/2 watt portables are simplex and are lucky to work in a 3 - 4 block range, they should be moved onto the system now. This system would do wonders for the FP folks who protect and watch our backs while at the incidents. The plus side to this is 1 Main FP Talk-Group and 5 FP ops talk-Groups plus access to the 3 Common Talk-Groups (Inter-agency) and the Fire & Fireground Talk-Groups.

Most Currernt Conventional FP Portables are unable to do this.

squadman

Feed Provider
Peter,

I agree with you 100% on reception on the new systems. The only bad thing is that not all fire police that I know are issued a new radio, from what I've been hearing is that only the line officers are issued the radios and all other fire police are going to use there current radios.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Peter,

I agree with you 100% on reception on the new systems. The only bad thing is that not all fire police that I know are issued a new radio, from what I've been hearing is that only the line officers are issued the radios and all other fire police are going to use there current radios.

My Station recvd 3 FP Portables. FP Capt., FP Lt., FP Sgt. is what there labled. but Were planning to place them on the Engine or Rescue Engine.

Each station must purchase more radios at there own expense.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Update September 11, 2008

Posted by Daniel Kauffman on Friday, September 12, 2008 (EST)

Addional Radio Tower Site Status

We are moving forward with the installation of equipment at the Millcreek (Eagles Peak) site. Preliminary wiring ect is being completed and equipment is delivered on site. We will start the actual installation next week. Without any unforeseen problems developing we would expect this site to go live within a couple of weeks. It is a very high profile site and may require some tweaking but it should be operational in relatively short period of time.

The new tower has been erected at the Annville Cleona High School. We will be switching the school’s antennas to the new tower shortly and then the old one will be removed.

We are currently working with the school and their architect to design an addition to the current maintenance building next to the tower. This addition will house the radio and support equipment (generator) for this addition to the system. The time frame for this roll out will be dependent on several factors, the response from architects for the design, the need to bid the construction and the actual construction time line. We are hopeful that this part of the system is operational by late fall 2008.

We anticipate that upon completion of this site for the radio system we will move the current paging base to this new tower from the current downtown Annville location.

Daniel Kauffman
Lebanon County Emergency Management

clifford1

Any updates? Is the database frequency list complete and accurate currrently?

I have programmed the 3 systems listed in my 396 and have yet to hear anything here in Berks County, even with the external antenna. Keeps searching for the control channel. Perhaps I am too far away. This is the first EDACS system I have programmed, so that could be the issue as well.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris C.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well, if you're in the city of Reading or anywhere east of there you're probably not going to hear it. Sometimes it's hard hearing it from the Adamstown area.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Update:

System / Site 4 Millcreek is now online, my portable has yet to be reprogramed with the correct freqs to use the site, but via scanner I have the following freqs to be used at this site.

LCN#1 :

LCN#2 453.8575

LCN#3

LCN#4

-------------------------------------------------

I am only getting a 81% decode rate where I am at.

the other 3 freqs are 453.4500, 460.5750, and 460.3375 but I have yet to find there LCN locations yet.

If anyone can please help to figure this site's LCN order out and post it here or send it to me via PM.

Thanks.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Annville Tower site completed. Equipment is being setup and should begin testing very soon.

The Annville site is a simulcast site on the South System. So use the Freqs listed for the South System.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Update:

System / Site 4 Millcreek is now online, my portable has yet to be reprogramed with the correct freqs to use the site, but via scanner I have the following freqs to be used at this site.

LCN#1 :

LCN#2 453.8575

LCN#3

LCN#4

-------------------------------------------------

I am only getting a 81% decode rate where I am at.

the other 3 freqs are 453.4500, 460.5750, and 460.3375 but I have yet to find there LCN locations yet.

If anyone can please help to figure this site's LCN order out and post it here or send it to me via PM.

Thanks.

Looks like I have it figured out.

Correct LCN order seems to be:

LCN#1 453.45000

LCN#2 453.85750

LCN#3 460.57500

LCN#4 460.33750

DB has been updated with the correct LCN order.

hawks481

south system

Is the south system correct? I just plugged in the new freq and the scanner is not getting a data channel...and they are in LCN order I double checked

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Yes all 4 systems are correct. I am monitoring all 4 systems via GRE PSR-500 and via portable, and it has yet to miss anything.

hawks481

Reset the scanner and put the freq back in now it's working fine.....

thankx

Status
Not open for further replies.