Lebanon Police and Boone County Sheriff...which unit numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

racin06

Since I'm from Lebanon, I enjoy monitoring Boone County from my home here in Westfield. However, there are times I don't know if I'm hearing the Lebanon Police or Boone County Sheriff . I have caught on that the dispatcher usually says "attention Lebanon units" when dispatching the Lebanon Police. You guys monitoring Boone County, which unit numbers are the Lebanon PD and which are Boone County Sheriff? Also, there are two law enforcement dispatch talk groups (6160, 6176) that are used in Boone County. Is one committed to the Lebanon Police and one to the Boone County Sheriff? Thanks.

Last edited:

W9NES

racin06,Thanks for your question. I monitor Boone County 24/7/365 and can answer you question. anything with a 6 like 6-21 is Boone County Sheriff, Boone County Sheriff is 6-1, Chief Deputy is 6-2, Lebanon Police will use two numbers like 32, 44, If you hear the two numbers they are Lebanon Police.I hope I have answered your question. Best Reguards,

KidClerk

Feed Provider
In most counties, the sheriff is number 0 and the chief deputy is 1. May not be the case in Boone Co., but it is in a majority of Indiana counties. Just saying.....

racin06,Thanks for your question. I monitor Boone County 24/7/365 and can answer you question. anything with a 6 like 6-21 is Boone County Sheriff, Boone County Sheriff is 6-1, Chief Deputy is 6-2, Lebanon Police will use two numbers like 32, 44, If you hear the two numbers they are Lebanon Police.I hope I have answered your question. Best Reguards,

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Interesting. I've never heard of a Sheriff using 0 down here in the SE or really anywhere else. They all use 1 around me and the Chief Deputy is 2. I thought that was the majority. Who uses 0?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Lebanon PD units are two-digit numbers.

Thorntown PD units are 400-series units.
Whitestown PD units are 500-series units.
Jamestown PD units are 700-series units.
Zionsville PD units are 900-series units.

As with most counties in Indiana, 600-series units are emergency management.

aliby19

Feed Provider
FYI - This information is available on the Boone County, Indiana RR Wiki page (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Boone_County_(IN)). To quote it:

Law Enforcement Numbering
6-1 to 6-39 - Sheriff Dept Deputies
6-70 to 6-90 - Sheriff Dept Reserve Deputies (Not all numbers used)
6-40 to 6-49 - Whitestown PD
400 numbers - Thorntown PD
500 numbers - Whitestown PD
700 numbers - Jamestown PD
800 numbers - Advance PD
900 numbers - Zionsville PD

W9NES

Whitestown PD units are know all 500 unit numbers 6-40-6-49 have been taken back by Boone County, DB has not been updated .I infomation was submitted to be updated for The Boone County WIKI.

Last edited:

KidClerk

Feed Provider
Yes, when I looked at this I saw that the deputy numbering started with 1. No mention of the sheriff's number.

To answer an earlier question, Newton Co. still uses 0 as the sheriff designator. Maybe counties are getting away from this, but years ago, it was very common. We had a former sheriff who was too arrogant to be 56-0 so he used "unit 56". After he left office, the sheriffs resumed using 56-0.

FYI - This information is available on the Boone County, Indiana RR Wiki page (http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Boone_County_(IN)). To quote it:

Law Enforcement Numbering
6-1 to 6-39 - Sheriff Dept Deputies
6-70 to 6-90 - Sheriff Dept Reserve Deputies (Not all numbers used)
6-40 to 6-49 - Whitestown PD
400 numbers - Thorntown PD
500 numbers - Whitestown PD
700 numbers - Jamestown PD
800 numbers - Advance PD
900 numbers - Zionsville PD

aliby19

Feed Provider
Whitestown PD units are know all 500 unit numbers 6-40-6-49 have been taken back by Boone County, DB has not been updated .I infomation was submitted to be updated for The Boone County WIKI.

Not quite sure what you meant by "Information was submitted to be updated for The Boone County WIKI..." The wiki is open and free to edit by all RR members. So, I went ahead and edited it to reflect the fact that 6-1 through 6-49 are now BCSO.

Thanks!

W9NES

aliby 19, Thank You, I sent this in and submitted those numbers being called back by The Boone County Sheriff's Department and I got a submission number.Was told that they have a lot of submissions and they would get to it.

aliby19

Feed Provider
Hey Tim,

I may have been mistaken. I meant the Boone County RadioReference wiki. Were you referring to something else?

If so, could you please provide the link/site?

Thanks!

W9NES

Yes I was refering to the Boone Co. Radio Reference wiki.I sent Boone County 6-40to 6-49 and submitted this infomation to be removed and got a submission number when I sent this info in.You are allready had the number removed from The Boone County RR wiki. Thank you for your help.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Tim, there is no process for submitting changes to the RadioReference Wiki that generates any kind of submission number. The RR Wiki is a user-supported, user-edited resource. In other words, if a user has changes that need to be made to a Wiki article, the user makes the changes themselves. If a user does not feel comfortable editing Wiki articles, then the user can PM myself, KA3JJZ, or Bezking to get the changes made.

On the other hand, the RadioReference Database does have a submission system that allows users to submit changes to the Database. That system generates submission numbers. But that system is for changes to the Database, not the Wiki.

I suspect that you submitted something to the Database submission system that really should be a change to the Wiki. I don't have access to the Database submission system because I am not a DB Admin, so I can't see your submission. We will have to wait for the appropriate DB Admin to get to your ticket. Or, you could just go into the Wiki and make the change yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.