Lee Co TRS REBANDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The Lee Co Public Safety TRS is rebanding. It is also becomming a true 2 site Smartzone Simulcast system. Keep an ear and eye on this system as it undergoes changes!:D

bama9999

They changed out the control channel freq's a week or so back. Only difference that I've noticed so far is that both control channels seem to be about the same level now. Before the change, the audio on one was noticably lower than the other.

What does it mean when you say "It is also becomming a true 2 site Smartzone Simulcast system."? It always has transmitted the same thing through both control towers, or so I thought?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Before the two sites had differring freqs. Now both are identical. It is a true simulcast.

New freqs updated in db.. System is still changing so be aware that thigs may be different freq wise in a month.

Please submit new CC's, alt cc's and ny additional new tg's

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Needed data-
TG's-
Lee Co SO Tacticals and Car to Cars
Tupelo FD Firegrounds
Tupelo DPW TG's

New CC and alt CC's...

bama9999

I just submitted the new CC info. I don't know what any alt CC's would be at this time. I have the wildcard set on my Pro 106, so I can hear any new TG's, or any that I don't already have, and the only thing I ever hear the S.O. on is the regular S.O. TG. That is, as far as the 800mhz system goes. Lee S.O. still uses their old VHF freq regularly as well. I'll check and see if I have a TFD fireground TG, but I don't recall hearing a specific fireground TG ever. I have the DPW TG's locked out, and don't pick them up on the wildcard, so I'd think the ones for that, in the database are correct.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The only way to know for sure which CC is the primary and which are alts is to run Universal Trunker, or T-88 on the system now and monitor the results. Now that they have not only rebanded but upgraded the system's performance, it is good for many more years. Just a year and half ago when Lee Co was asking about the MSWIN, they wanted to desperately get on it as the Lee Co trs is one of the oldest in MS, and was beginning to show signs of failure de to old age, especially on the output on one of the sites. Now it has new life. The oldest systems in the state are the original City of Hattiesburg (Now grown into the Forest Co TRS), The City of Tupelo, and Lee County (Now run entirely by the County), City of Vicksburg (Now merged with the Warren Co TRS), City of Jackson (Now grown in with three other systems to form the CMSRTRS), City of Madison (Merged with the CMSRTRS), and the two State of Mississippi systems *MSU/Starkeville* and *MDOC*.

KE5TLF

From the FCC license info I'm looking at, each of the 2 site still has it's own set of unique frequencies licensed to it. Obviously that isn't always an accurate indication of what a system is actually doing, but it's all we really have to work with until we can get actual reports from people within range of the system to log it's activity.

Also late last year both sites had some frequencies added to the license. In most cases this would indicate some frequencies that fell within the rebanding craziness most likely went inactive as well.

We sorely need someone with the capability and time to run Universal Trunker and/or Trunk88 on these sites and submit your findings when you are able.

bama9999

I'll try running those programs again since they've re-banded. None of them would ever work on that system, for whatever reason, when I tried it in the past.

bama9999

Just tried those programs again, and had no luck whatsoever. With Unitrunker, it just flashes the info for a split second, and is too erratic to even try and figure out what it says. Tried Trunk88, and I can't even begin to figure that one out. I understand it supports the Pro 106, but I haven't a clue as to how to get it to communicate with the radio.

Maybe someone else in this area can run the programs and get the info that's needed. Sorry I can't be of any help.

KE5TLF

Ugh yeah this happened to me on the Jones TRS a while back. This happens on mulit-site systems. At least if nothing else you have confirmed that this remains a multi-site system and not a simulcast. Not sure what the difference is but I did successfully log the Forrest Co. TRS a few weeks ago on a sweet tropo duct though. For that one I was using 1.0.0.7 with the following settings.
Type: Inline
Model PSR600
Role: Signal
Logging: checked
Park: 0.00000
Mode: Auto
P25, ProVoice, VSELP all unchecked

Under Decode
Health 0 and everything checked.
Maybe that'll help?

T88
Open TRUNK88.CTL in notepad.
Change "CC Data Serial Port = 0" to whatever serial port your cable is.
save file.
hook everything up, tune to the CC, run the program. Hopefully that'll work. Sometimes you gotta mess around with it a little to get it going.

Hope some of this helps. If not let us know, we'll try to help out however we can. :)

bama9999

Thanks for the info, KE5TLF. That's pretty much the way I had Unitrunker set, but I changed it to what you had, and I still get the same results. One thing I did notice is that when it flashes, it shows the freq as being 0.00000 and under audience it says "Frequency needed".

Thanks also for the info on Trunk88. I did as you suggested and now it will "talk" to my scanner. I'm going to send you a PM with some info, and you can let me know if that's anything you need or not.

Appreciate it!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
On the first run you must type in the freq on the CC... After that it will pretty much do the rest for ya. The health will fill as it decodes, that just tells you the strength of the signal. Click the box for Motorola ON, others off.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, let it run on the system on one site for a day, then the other site for a day. 24 hours on each site should give you a pretty good log.

Status
Not open for further replies.