Lee Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihornsby

Has the the Lee CO SO gone to a digital system? If so, anyone know when will a Data Base be available?
D.L.

Last edited:

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Are you hearing the Sheriff's Department on 155.520 ??? Their VHF system has had great reception across the county for years.

I doubt they would change to P25, NXDN or MotoTRBO today if they plan to go to 800MHz soon (please see my posts about their new system). "Soon" doesn't translate to right now, however, as Lee and Dougherty have to work out their interoperability ($$$) plan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; DROID RAZR 4G Build/6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

They are going to Albany's P25 system this fall, end of 2012. Pending the commission approval of course, but it will happen. The sheriff repeater has good coverage, but the fire repeater 154.250 has very poor coverage on the south side of the county. EMS repeater is also okay, as is the dispatch 155.715.

Of course Crisp, Thomas and Dougherty are P25 on the same system. Worth County is MotoTRBO as are individual departments west of Albany - or they at least use MotoTRBO radios even if not in digital mode. It is expensive going 800 p25, and they took a fire truck/crew out of service permanently to help pay for it. Call volumes are generally moderate to low in Lee County, and most fire/EMS guys that work in Lee also work in Dougherty fire or EMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.