Lee County FL has rebanded this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Freescan and then imported the dixieboyfl file. Yikes... that is waaaay different then the Rat Shack and WIN500 setup. Is this the portion of the setup screen that you guys think is still wrong?

Shouldn't the value entered in the band plan be 868.9875MHz, not 869.9875? Does it matter - I'm not sure.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'll be damned, looks like you're right...I looked right past it, and there it is, on the bottom of the Uniden 996 firmware upgrade page...good catch. Let's see what happens when the individual changes the bandplan and adds control channel only....

best regards...Mike

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I don't see anywhere else to enter what WIN500 calls "trunking table" on the Freescan software. I'm thinking the change has to be to get the Freescan calls "system band plan" more like the WIN500 table?

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Other then Freescan... what other software works well with the 996? Maybe I can go download it and see if there is something like the "trunking table"

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Other then Freescan... what other software works well with the 996? Maybe I can go download it and see if there is something like the "trunking table"

Let's see, there's ARC996, ProScan, BCTool. I think Scan Control had the rebanding fix before active development was dropped, and I think Trunkstar Elite also (supposedly) supports the 996, although I've never heard of anyone that actually uses it. All of those packages are linked from here...

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

I could be wrong here, but I think 'trunking table' is a GRE/RS convention...best regards..Mike

[edit] We have a screen shot of the 'Band Plan' (as ProScan refers to it) at the bottom of this article - see figure 4

Software Support for Uniden Rebanding - the RR wiki

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the ARC basic and pro demo versions. I don't see where to make the change in there either. There has to be a fix here for dixieboyfl. Somebody's going to chime in. The control channel is tellin' that Uniden to listen on a talk frequency... but it's the wrong one after the reband. It's either in the newer firmware or there's got to be a setting in the Uniden programming software similar to what WIN500 calls "trunking tables"...

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Did you try Tom's suggestion dixieboyfl? Change the 869.98750 to 868.98750 in the system band plan config. The Scanner Master site says to try...

Band Base Freq Base Freq Offset Polarity Spacing
Plan Lower Upper
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz

In the Freescan software file you posted... you have "869.9875" vs. "868.9875"

dixieboyfl

Did you try Tom's suggestion dixieboyfl? Change the 869.98750 to 868.98750 in the system band plan config. The Scanner Master site says to try...

Band Base Freq Base Freq Offset Polarity Spacing
Plan Lower Upper
1 851.0250 854.0000 440 + 25 kHz
2 851.0125 868.9875 0 + 25 kHz

In the Freescan software file you posted... you have "869.9875" vs. "868.9875"

Yes, I tried those settings, along with letting the software set the upper channel automatically, which actually makes it 869.9875.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I also sent Bolt21 a pm. I see he's helped out a few folks using Freescan after a reband. Maybe he can chime in... :)

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I'll take a look after I get home from work late tonight/early AM.

BTW Ralph, in case you don't know, you're not able to RECEIVE pm's according to the website.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
dixie, did you turn on the Control Channel Only option? Just wonderin... best regards...Mike

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bolt... I'll check my pm problem. Update... Lee County is a Motorola Analog Smartnet Type II system and it just rebanded.

I use a PRO 197 and 106. I had no problem reprogramming my scanners. Just took the control channels down -15 Mhz and set the "trunking table" to 800 rebanded.

But dixieboyfl has a Uniden BCD996T using Freescan to program it. He just can't get it to work and I don't see how to make the band scan right. ka3jjz and I have been trying to get him working with no joy. I see you've had some success with other rebanding issues with the Uniden's. Hope you can help him. If you read the whole thread... he also has his .996 program file posted. Thanks...

dixieboyfl

Finally I got it to work !!!!!

Apparently the Freescan Software was not sending the System Band Plan to the Radio itself.

I manually entered the Lower, Upper, Step, and Offsets as well as deleting any other freqs, other than the initial 4 control channels, clicked Control Channel On, and it worked.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers and I hope my findings will help others that might have the same issue with a BCD996T.

Now, I'll work on my 396T next..................

Regards to all,

BigMike

clement123

Radio Shack Pro-97...Kaput!

I've been away from my scanner for three weeks to come back and read here that the Lee County system has rebanded. The Pro-97 from what I've read is incompatable with the new programing. Well it served me well. What recommendations do you make for a new hand held unit found in SW Florida that will receive the new rebanded system.

Thanks,

CC

icefireguy

I reprogrammed my BCT 15's w/ the Butel software and they are working with the rebanded freqs. I have noticed quite a bit of bleed over from other channels though which is annoying. Been getting the bleedover all over Lee County in my vehicle so it's a system wide issue apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.