Lee County - Fort Myers Beach Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I am a tourist who will be visiting one of my favorite vacation spots again this spring at Fort Myers Beach. Last time I was there, I felt that I programmed way too much into my scanner and was hearing stuff from all over. This trip, I am hoping to just narrow it down to police/fire/ems comms for just the immediate Fort Myers Beach area. Any suggestions on what I can safely eliminate in my scanner? I currently have the entire Fort Myers Public Safety analog Trunked System programmed, but would like to only monitor talkgroups that cover Fort Myers Beach area only. I noticed there are several Fire Ops and EMS ops channels in the system, but do I really need all of them? Does Fort Myers Beach FD utilize all of the fire ops talkgroups or just the ones that indicate Fort Myers Beach? My goal is to eliminate a lot of the county stuff, but still have the relevant tgs for Fort Myers Beach. I also read that the Lee County P25 system is/or will be going fully encrypted. Does this mean the Analog system will be going offline in the near future?

Also, as a HAM operator, if there are any weather/skywarn nets in the area, please let me know. Thanks so much guys.

bearcat

I am a tourist who will be visiting one of my favorite vacation spots again this spring at Fort Myers Beach. Last time I was there, I felt that I programmed way too much into my scanner and was hearing stuff from all over. This trip, I am hoping to just narrow it down to police/fire/ems comms for just the immediate Fort Myers Beach area. Any suggestions on what I can safely eliminate in my scanner? I currently have the entire Fort Myers Public Safety analog Trunked System programmed, but would like to only monitor talkgroups that cover Fort Myers Beach area only. I noticed there are several Fire Ops and EMS ops channels in the system, but do I really need all of them? Does Fort Myers Beach FD utilize all of the fire ops talkgroups or just the ones that indicate Fort Myers Beach? My goal is to eliminate a lot of the county stuff, but still have the relevant tgs for Fort Myers Beach. I also read that the Lee County P25 system is/or will be going fully encrypted. Does this mean the Analog system will be going offline in the near future?

Also, as a HAM operator, if there are any weather/skywarn nets in the area, please let me know. Thanks so much guys.
It is quite simple to do what you want. Using Sentinel go into the Lee County System you have and create Departments. IE Police, Sheriff, Fire, County Govt and so on. You could even make a Department "Ft Meyers Beach" and then just put the TGs for that area in it. Put the TGs which pertain to each service in the proper Department. Give each Department a QK number. Now you can turn off the Departments of which you have no interest, but yet they can be turned back on if you would like to hear them. This is fairly simple in Sentinel using Cut/Paste.

Analogrules

Thanks for the suggestions, however I basically did that already. I was just wondering if all the Lee County FD and EMS tgs in the system are utilized by Fort Myers beach as well, OR would I be fine to only program the specific tgs that are alocated to only Ft Myers? Last year, I was hearing comms from all over the county and it was just too much. I also was curious if there are immediate plans to encrypt the entire Lee County system and put the analog system offline.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
GOOD LUCK.

Lee County fire has the absolute weirdest dispatch system ever. There's no telling what will be transmitted on what talkgroups or VHF channels. It must be computer-controlled and it sends out the tones and keys up the necessary channels automatically. Scan everything just in case. I think the talkgroups labeled for specific stations or areas are their car-to-car chat channels.

Analogrules

Thanks. I figure I'll just keep the VHF and talkgroups assigned to Ft Myers only, and can always adjust my scanner to scan the entire system if I choose to at any time. One of the benefits of the bcd436 is that you can easily switch from scanning just the tgs you have programmed to the entire system.

Status
Not open for further replies.