Lee County GA to go to an 800MHz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

irkjvo

Premium Subscriber
WB I noticed that Fire Dispatch for Lee County is coming over the EMS TG 23376. But they then switch to 23056 Fire TG.

Mod...should I start a new thread for this?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, I volunteered with Lee County Fire Department. At that time, we were dispatched separate from EMS. We had a paging frequency and main (repeated) channel. EMS was dispatched and worked off of one frequency. When the two agencies consolidated, they were co-located in fire stations and both were paged off of the "old" fire paging frequency (155.715).

I don't know the current paging philosophy but I imagine it's likely the same. The station klaxon goes off and you wait to see if one or both agencies roll. I have a few contacts there and will check and advise...

Recently they still tone out on 155.355, 154.25, and 155.715. Then the responding agency gets on its P25 talkgroup. I haven't seen deviation from this yet. Also I think it was just an oversight, but in the previous talk groups listed I noted a 19000 range number for EMS to hospital. EMS to Phoebe is 5072, and EMS to Phoebe North (ex Palmyra) is 5072. This is for Dougherty County and Lee County. Other counties use the HEAR system (155.34).

Of course the way things are going now, Phoebe North as it is will cease to exist as will that talk group. A week or two from now the FTC will get back to us letting us know what services they will allow us to discontinue, which from what I am told will be much of what makes Phoebe North still a hospital (operating room closing for instance, if admin gets its way). We will see. In a few years it will be back as a Women and Children's hospital, but until then...

wildbillc

Looks like its been a while since anything was posted so since I have been on Christmas break, I figured I would update as to what I know...so here goes:

I set my scanner up with Site 004 of the Southwest Georgia Regional Radio System. I called it ABY/Lee BC30 and put all of the frequencies for that site.

This gets me all of Lee County's traffic. I have found the following talkgroups:

22416=Lee SO
22448=Lee SO Tac 1
22480=Lee SO Tac 2
23920=Lee SO SRT (Special Response Team)
23152=Lee SO (Unknown, just found it but it seems to have some traffic from time to time)
22736=Leesburg PD
23376=Lee EMS
23056=Lee Fire
5072=Phoebe Main (I had to use Albany's control frequencies to hear this one)
5040=Phoebe North (I had to use Albany's control frequencies to hear this one)

Is there any way to get this updated on the main database? I have no idea who I would tell to get these entered so others an use them.

Lee County SO still uses all of the VHF frequencies for paging and other overflow (warrants, multiple calls, etc) but I haven't heard anything on the old EMS or Fire frequencies, just SO and paging.

Have a good New Year!!!

wildbillc

kg4ojj,

Thanks for your help. Submitted the changes, will have to wait until they get around to it...looks like there are almost 200 ahead of mine. Everyone must be off for the holidays...I know I have been :)

Bill Chapman - wildbilc

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
The database for this system is due for an update....and I'll volunteer to help.

According to today's UniTrunker sessions, in Albany and Leesburg, this is a six-site system, which is comprised of the (Albany) Turner Field, (Albany) Gillionville, (Thomasville) City of Thomasville, (Thomasville) Coolidge, (Cordele) Cordele/Crisp County, and (Lee County) Leesburg sites (in that respective order).

Site 4 has a CC of 852.625. When you search on the FCC site, it belongs to a YE (trunked) group of frequencies on a tower at 2025 Mary Owens Road, Coolidge, Georgia. The remaining frequencies at that site are: 851.1250, 851.6250, 851.8625, & 852.3750.

Looks like a road trip to Thomasville is in order. Can anyone in that area verify? I was looking at the regional system from Albany and Leesburg, so I did not hear traffic on Site 4.

Once we get a good picture of the system from Thomasville, we can formally update the database.

Happy hunting,

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I understood the Crisp county site never went online...? They are (or were last week) still using the same analog system.

Has something changed recently?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
It's online but analog only. Although, there may be a mixed mode channel there. I will investigate that. They have a few extra channels licensed to them (Crisp County) that don't go with the trunked group. I have family there, so that can be sorted out soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good, I look forward to seeing what you come up with

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Road trip to Thomasville and Coolidge have been accomplished. Results to follow .....

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
TRS Updates

Using UniTrunker and actual, in-person monitoring, I will submit these changes to the database for the Southwest Georgia Regional Radio System:

Site # 1 - Turner Field (City of Albany, Dougherty County)
CC 857.2625, AC 856.7625, AC 856.2125

Site # 2 - Gillionville (City of Albany, Dougherty County)
CC 855.2125, AC 854.6125, AC 856.4125

Site # 3 - Thomasville (City of Thomasville, Thomas County)
CC 856.3875, AC 854.5375

Site # 4 - Coolidge (City of Coolidge, Thomas County) +NEW+
CC 852.6250, AC 852.3750

Site # 5 - Cordele (City of Cordele, Crisp County)
CC 857.3375, AC 856.7875, AC 856.3125, AC 855.4625

Site # 6 - Leesburg (City of Leesburg, Crisp County)
CC 851.2000, AC 852.4375, AC 852.9375, AC 853.3875

All sites have an effective listening range of 15-20 miles. The Coolidge site was working well until Pelham, along US Hwy 19, with my portable scanner and its default antenna. The primary, in-town, site for Thomas County is Site # 3.

Site # 5 (Crisp County) needs to be added into this regional system.

Last edited:

wildbillc

Hey, I have a question. I was looking over my system frequencies programmed into my scanner and comparing them to the latest update of the RR file for the SWGA Regional System and some of the control frequencies are different. Do these change over time? Why would they be different than they were last year?

RRR, I have my scanner set up with the SWGA Regional system primary and alternate control frequencies for Allbeany and I set an additional system type with all the Leesburg system frequencies and scan the Lee County talkgroups with that. I didn't see any need to put the Thomasville, Coolidge and Cordele frequencies in since those towers are far away from my location (Lee County).

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Do you hear anything at all out of AllBenny Police? I understand they were using encryption, is it 100%, r just some traffic?

wildbillc

I agree, APD is all encrypted. Any thoughts on why the systems primary and secondary channels have changed? There used to be some 860.xxxx control channels but they are not listed anymore. Would they have changed when Crisp Co came on line with the SWGA system?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
I believe some were incorrect. I have looked at the FCC data but cannot produce a historical account of the frequency changes. I did the research with Unitrunker and driving to each sitr, trying one frequency after the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.