Lee County Sheriff Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

trwildcats

RadioReference use to carry the Lee County Sheriff, now they just carry Lee County will fire, will Lee County Sheriff be carried in the furture?

scanphreak

You need to ask the volunteer who was actually providing the feed for the sheriff. The actual feed isn't provided by radio reference, it's provided by people like you with a scanner and a computer who wish to broadcast it to radio reference for everyone else to listen to.

You can usually send an email to the broadcaster on the feed page, if it's no longer there you could try asking your question in the Florida forum.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I provided the Lee Co Sheriff - Fort Myers - Cape Coral PD/EMS/FD feed for about 4 years on Shoutcast and then several more years here on RR. I stopped after fear of liability if an officer was killed or injured by a perp that was monitoring my feed via a cell phone aps.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Another reason I dropped the feed was I listened to what I streamed. RR has a policy against streaming TAC and sensitive comms. Why spend $500 on a digital scanner and then turn off all the good stuff... or purchase another $500 scanner just to live stream?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Another reason I dropped the feed was I listened to what I streamed. RR has a policy against streaming TAC and sensitive comms. Why spend $500 on a digital scanner and then turn off all the good stuff... or purchase another $500 scanner just to live stream?

For this exact reason Proscan has a no-broadcast flag system now. You can tag freqs and TG's that will no go out over the feed but you can still leave them in the scanner to listen to yourself.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
The "full featured" version doesn't look like it will work with my PRO197.

Radiofeed is fixing the feature to work with the pro-197 as I understand it.

As a footnote, with 5 dispatch channels it seems unlikely someone could follow your feed so closely as to use it to evade police--plus a 30-90 second delay. That's basically useless for a criminal.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Maybe so... but it's only a matter of time until a feed provider gets sued. I don't have the money for the legal fight.

I like what I've read about the Proscan software. I'm going to download it and see how it works and watch for a PRO197 update.

dovy6

How could a feed provider get sued? What possible basis is there for a lawsuit?!?

In what way is it illegal to provide a feed for RR??

Why would someone use RR if they were committing crimes when they could easily and cheaply get a scanner or if they were real criminals get a stolen police radio. The delay on most feeds is long enough when I'm home if I hear something interesting but miss the details I will turn on the RR feed to catch it again!

Maybe so... but it's only a matter of time until a feed provider gets sued. I don't have the money for the legal fight.

I like what I've read about the Proscan software. I'm going to download it and see how it works and watch for a PRO197 update.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
K4IHS said:
The "full featured" version doesn't look like it will work with my PRO197.

When you say "full featured" Are you talking about ProScan? If that's the case then none of the GRE/RS scanners are supported, only Uniden. The GRE/RS protocols are extremely limited and not of much use.
RadioFeed supports many of the modern GRE/RS scanners. Use Radiofeed in lieu of the ProScan for streaming the PRO-197 text tags.

Radiofeed is fixing the feature to work with the pro-197 as I understand it.
What needs fixing in RadioFeed?

mk262

Premium Subscriber
When you say "full featured" Are you talking about ProScan? If that's the case then none of the GRE/RS scanners are supported, only Uniden. The GRE/RS protocols are extremely limited and not of much use.
RadioFeed supports many of the modern GRE/RS scanners. Use Radiofeed in lieu of the ProScan for streaming the PRO-197 text tags.

What needs fixing in RadioFeed?

http://forums.radioreference.com/1598194-post176.html

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Don't mean to split hairs but needs to be technical correct.
"Include" is the key work as in adding it to RadioFeed. The metadata window doesnt have a %TG custom formatter for the PRO-197 because the TGID appears at the end of transmission.

It's on the list of additions.

I didn't mean it in any kind of critical way, if that was your concern. I think radiofeed is the clearly superior choice of broadcasting software.

Status
Not open for further replies.