Lee & Dougherty County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-us; HTC6500LVW 4G Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

There is basic simulcast of Albany fire department main frequency of 154.430. it is dispatcher dependent and not always on. For Lee County, initial dispatch is still coming out simulcasting on 155.715, 154.25, and 155.355. All operations however are on 800 megahertz APCO 25 digital including all replies. The sheriff department of Lee County is pretty much exclusively on P 25 system, but rarely you will hear a deputy or a Smithville or Dawson police department unit on155.52. Albany Police Department and some other agencies have encrypted, however but Fire and EMS are all still open. The university departments of Public Safety are also not encrypted, & I believe the Sheriffs Department has not yet gone encrypted for Dougherty County either. Of course on VHF GSP's Albany Post is still on the normal frequencies, as is DNR and Georgia Forestry among other agencies that operate in this area. The system covers Lee County, crisp County including Cordele, Thomas County including Thomasville,and of course Dougherty county and Albany City. It is quite common to hear Cordele police & Fire / EMS when listening to Dougherty County trunking sites.

wise871

Database Admin
Lee & Dougherty County

This is the type of information were looking for. If there are changes in your area then please submit any updates. This way future users can decided what type of scanner to purchase. Incorrect data can result in a bad purchase.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-us; HTC6500LVW 4G Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Terrell County is a scrub as well. Terrell SO and Dawson PD are MotoTRBO. I'm not sure about fire, but they use the prisoner fire department for response and I have heard no calls on their analog listed frequency. In case anyone wants to try to listen, there are two new frequencies in use so Terrell is completely out of date. Will update. Would you like a separate thread for south Georgia updates?

wise871

Database Admin
Just submit the updates on the county page and a admin will see it and make the correct changes. Just be detailed so we understand what needs to be fixed.

I did see the FCC change for Terrell SO switching to Turbo. I also see that Dawson Fire is expired and I see two new frequencies for them.
154.280 and 154.415 that were issued April 2013.

Thanks

Last edited:

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Dawson PD is still using analog as of last Thursday

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I do not, I'm sorry. I know I heard Dawson PD on analog last week each time I would pass through there, up until last Thursday when I left. I have not heard from or paid attention to the Fire, but I will when I am back.

Passing through Terrell I spotted some firefighters and stopped to see if they had any information on the radio system. It quickly dawned on me they were inmate firefighters complete with nice matching uniforms, but the officer in charge wasn't familiar with how his radio worked. Nice hardworking folks though. Anyway I was referred to someone else by the corrections officer so I'll try to get more information soon.

As an aside, Dawson city is running again at full governmental capacity now that the mayor has recovered from his multiple gunshot wounds and is going to try to run things again, albeit with extra security. Dawson PD was/is on analog but I noted one officer carrying a TRBO radio it appeared, but again I'll have to confirm with the gentleman I was referred to later during business hours. There's not much going on in this area with fire/EMS so I really haven't heard anything on the expired frequencies - maybe no calls, maybe they have moved. Will get back with you all who are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.