Leeds & Grenville fire P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Tried to listen to Leeds & Grenville Fire P25 on 164.325 and 166.965 but getting "muting encrypted voice"
message from DSD+ (even though automute is disabled). I know I have simulcast multi-path problems but this
condition is persistent.

I also get some clear speech, although somewhat mangled by multipath and low signal level.

Anyone else notice this?

Dave

PriorMike

I was up in Middleville and got some voice on my 396T during the brushfire on Thursday. Plus a call in Brockville, all while in the cab of my truck(a very long way away).

Sometimes it was just digital buzz due to low signal level and static messing with the 396T and it not recognizing P25.

I listen during the summer at my cottage and I've never seen enc behavior on a 996T or P2.

Jammin_Jay

Possible enhancement from another area, Dave?
It could have encryption but it is the same frequency as Brockville? Your scanner picks the stronger signal of the two. But I suppose the NAC would be different.

PriorMike

My route today took me down to just outside Smiths Falls, so I had L&G turned on on the 396T.

Quiet; I heard clear voice on Grenville about units going for training a couple of times, but that was it.

When I headed back up 15, there were some transmissions on Leeds, but the signal wasn't good so lots of motorboating. When it kicked into P25 the voice was broken up badly. P25 displayed on the screen, no enc warning.

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
I live in Brockville and over the last couple weeks there has been a lot of the radio's going out of digital. The NAC is 316 for both Leeds & Grenville Channels and down by the water the radios are not very good.

DaveH

Possible enhancement from another area, Dave?
It could have encryption but it is the same frequency as Brockville? Your scanner picks the stronger signal of the two. But I suppose the NAC would be different.

No enhanced prop. at the time, during thursday grass fire(s), NAC 316. OFS also busy.

Apparent enc. stream was on and off over several minutes. Scanners would have muted it. Anyone
not looking at their scanner at the time would have not seen it.

Not all that concerned, though I was fairly sure they have enc. capability. Theory is a radio may have gotten into
enc. mode (accidentally?) or there may be selective use of enc. for sensitive comms.

Would be interested to hear of any cases of DSD+ incorrectly reporting enc. especially simulcast systems.

Dave

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
No B.P.S only ones with enc at this time in the area working fire in Edwardsburg tonight comes nice clear. This system almost 10 yrs old so it might be time to align the towers and software ugrades

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
Noticed yesterday that the Grenville channel had more digital than normal while crews on Grenville channel were out on calls. Leeds channel working fine with no interuptions

Status
Not open for further replies.