Leeds & Grenville Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What are the talkgroups on the following P25 frequencies?

166.96500Multiple RM316 NACLeeds Co FDFire - Leeds CountyP25Fire-Talk
166.96500 BMLeeds FD TACFire - Leeds County TACP25Fire-Tac

164.32500 RM316 NACGrenville FDFire - Grenville CountyP25Fire-Talk
164.32500 BMGrenvilleTACFire - Grenville County TACP25Fire-Tac

Leeds and Grenville County

gary123

I would check out TG0001. many of these systems are being set up almost always using the default values.

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
This is a 2 channel P25 conventional system split into regions each departments have own sets of ids but no TGS

166.965 Is all the fire departments west and north of City of Brockville. This is P25 conventional system with no TGS.
166.965 Leeds Tac is just talkaround so no repeaters, you have to be close to each other.

164.325 Is all fire departments east and south of the City of Brockville. This is a P25 conventional system with no TGS
164.325 Grenville Tac is just talkaround so no repeaters, you have to be close to each other.

Leeds Channel Has Grenville Channel Has

Elizabethtown/Kitley North Grenville Fire
Athens Merickville/Wolford
Front Of Young Edwardsburg/Cardinal
Leeds & 1000 Islands Augusta
Gananoque (Mutual Aid Only Use) Prescott
Rideau Lakes City of Brockville

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sooo....you wouldn't have to program this in a 436 as a P25 One Frequency Trunk then? Just leave it as a conventional channel?

No radio IDs to track vehicles or stations? No talkgroups? The difference between a tac and regular on scene comms is one is a local repeater and the other local tac is P25 simplex?

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
Yes each truck and portables have ids for example Athens pagers trucks portables start 60## Pager Trucks61XX Portables 62XX just run a scan and you will get them. Not sure about the 436 I use all Whistler Tx 2 and Tait Mobiles for my stuff.

As for the simplex channels they are system repeater the tac channels are talk around only no repeater on them.

PriorMike

It's a strong system. I'll pick it up at Highway 29 and the 417 just outside of town. I REALLY want to get an outside antenna on the roof of my house.

Not to derail, but I'll also get North Frontenac and Kaladar-Barrie fire in Arnprior.

Lanark is still the king, as far as I'm concerned. I'll be listening on my way to work and hear them at 417 and Walkley Rd, way in the east end of Ottawa. I wish Renfrew County had their setup.

Aviator747

Not sure if I could pick it up from here in Cornwall. I would have to monitor it for a bit. I have an outdoor antenna 40' up.

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to hear it in Cornwall of course, where ever you are there will be some dead spots. My in-laws live in Morrisburg and I hear them strength 4 that is on a portable truck unit 5/5

Leeds & Grenville System is very strong there is a total of seven towers in the area the one for you to hear them in Arnprior would run off the Toledo tower and second Tower outside Kemptville. Unsure what Brockville Fire Dispatch put for tower in Arnprior as they dispatch them now.

If your scanner doesn't pick them up we have an app and PC version on live scanner we have the L&G Fire Channels along with L&G OPP
wiki.policescanner.ca
Leeds & Grenville Scanner
-
Twitter Site Just Look Under-@ScannerLeeds
County Of Leeds & Grenville Public Safety- Broadcastify site
Leeds & Grenville Scanner/PoliceScanner.ca

firefighter88

Premium Subscriber
Okay, perfect. I will be adding them to the Live Scanner.

Anything special for programming them. CTCSS or DSC?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Status
Not open for further replies.