LEERN Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing what I think is an airplane clocking speeders on LEERN. Sometimes they are on the Innercity frequency. I only hear one side (the airplane) of the conversation, but I can't tell where road they are patrolling.

Any ideas?

- Jerry

cfr301

I've been hearing what I think is an airplane clocking speeders on LEERN. Sometimes they are on the Innercity frequency. I only hear one side (the airplane) of the conversation, but I can't tell where road they are patrolling.

Any ideas?

- Jerry

In this area the Normally use the Post TAC frequency and you hear the trooper if he responds to the plane but usually the troop just calls in his stop like normal if they chase the speeder, if its a flag they may not say anything as they have CADS and can run Leads from their cars, the Dispatcher can see what is on the CADS screen when the system works right. (All part of MARC's data)

ibagli

Sometimes I hear a plane clocking speeders on LEERN if other agencies are involved.

Last edited:

cfr301

That would be my guess also.

Supposedly....If doing a mutual aid project single county they are supposed to use the County Mutual aide Freq thats what its for.. Example here in Auglaize it would be S0 06 but then again NOTHING in MARC's is going like its suppose to!

ibagli

The other agency would have to have MARCS radios in every car to use the mutual aid talkgroup.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
I'm here on the west side of Cleveland. A couple of weeks ago, I heard it when I was heading north on 71 out of Ashland towards Cleveland.

It's certainly not on MARCS, it's on LEERN. I'm really not sure what agencies are involved.

cfr301

Hmmm Does OSP still have low band Radios in their cars in some areas of the state? Or could it have been some sort of patch?

ibagli

I think they all have direct access to LEERN for interop. Sometimes I hear Post 45 cars talking to their dispatcher on it for whatever reason (dead spots, maybe).

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I'm here on the west side of Cleveland. A couple of weeks ago, I heard it when I was heading north on 71 out of Ashland towards Cleveland.

It's certainly not on MARCS, it's on LEERN. I'm really not sure what agencies are involved.

What time today were you hearing this traffic on LEERN. While at work today I was hearing what sounded like an aircraft working traffic on LEERN. I only heard what I believe was the aircraft and they never made a reference to where they were at. I work about 20 miles southeast of Toledo.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I think they all have direct access to LEERN for interop. Sometimes I hear Post 45 cars talking to their dispatcher on it for whatever reason (dead spots, maybe).

The agency I work for got a letter earlier this year that stated OHP would no longer be monitoring LEERN or statewide. I'm not sure if this was just for the post or district in my area or if this is statewide.

I have still heard one of the posts in the area calling on statwide but have not heard any traffic from any of the troops on the road. Maybe they are not installing VHF radios in new cruisers anymore.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
The agency I work for got a letter earlier this year that stated OHP would no longer be monitoring LEERN or statewide. I'm not sure if this was just for the post or district in my area or if this is statewide.

I have still heard one of the posts in the area calling on statwide but have not heard any traffic from any of the troops on the road. Maybe they are not installing VHF radios in new cruisers anymore.

Unlikely that it would be statewide as there are still lots of departments out there with no access to MARCS. It's also very possible that this refers only to troopers on patrol, as I know they have been removing LEERN radios from all the cars. Still, OSP has done some stupid things in their time so it's possible that the posts won't be monitoring either.

Mike-KC8OWL

... as I know they have been removing LEERN radios from all the cars. Still, OSP has done some stupid things in their time so it's possible that the posts won't be monitoring either.

Interesting ...

I have recently monitored LEERN radio tests in the early morning here in North East Ohio (originating from the Franklin County area). I would imagine that the Post locations would need to maintain LEERN equipment for interop with non-MARCS agencies but that is just a guess on my part.

In the area where I live there is some overlap between the agencies in Medina County and OSP and usually if one agency needs something from the other, they call dispatch and ask them to call the other via telephone to relay the traffic, even if they are responding to or working the same incident.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
When OSP aircraft are working with other agencies inside the I-275 beltway in Hamilton County they use ECOMM-8 for traffic speed enforcement.

cfr301

LEERN isn't going anywhere EXCEPT to MARC's

48384 LEERN 84
48368 LEERN 79 32704 LEERN 44
32688 LEERN 40
32672 LEERN 27
32656 LEERN 14
32640 LEERN 09
32624 LEERN 08B
32608 LEERN 08A

26816 LEERN 78
26800 LEERN 76B
26784 LEERN 76
26768 LEERN 52
26752 LEERN 32
26736 LEERN 20
26720 LEERN 15
26704 LEERN 04
48352 LEERN 60B
48336 LEERN 60A
48320 LEERN 07B
48304 LEERN 07A
48288 LEERN 05A
3104 LEERN X3
3088 LEERN X2
3072 LEERN X1
3056 LEERN 80B
3040 LEERN 68
3024 LEERN 25B
3008 LEERN 23

xusmarine1979

Saturday, 11/15 they were on route 62 and 44 Just north of Louisville in Stark County. I heard them on VHF LEERN and the TG on MARCS. I have no Idea if it was a patch though but I heard the same traffic on both channels. I had VHF on my BC250D and MARCS on my PSR 500. I heard both plane and mobiles.

beejay

Premium Subscriber
Maybe that's why I'm having Aug.co. show up on my Allen co.MARCS scanlist with no wildcards/private calls enabled.
I wonder if the Lima tower is "affiliated " with the Aug.tower ?
Methinks a lot of "dust has to settle " on the MARCS systems.

beejay

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Maybe that's why I'm having Aug.co. show up on my Allen co.MARCS scanlist with no wildcards/private calls enabled.
I wonder if the Lima tower is "affiliated " with the Aug.tower ?
Methinks a lot of "dust has to settle " on the MARCS systems.

beejay

No dust needs to settle. On MARCS whatever talkgroup a radio is affiliated to will show up on the tower that radio is connected to. It is very common to see talkgroups from neighboring counties show up on any given tower.

gdsteele

Premium Subscriber
On Saturday, I was on my way from eastern Lorain County to Medina at about 9:30am and I heard them on 155.37. They mentioned there was another airborne unit on the same frequency and asked if the ground unit had the capability to move to LEERN. The ground unit must have responded with a no, because they stayed on 155.37. I don't have a digital scanner in the car, but do you think it's just a simucast from MARCS?

I guess they have found one way to defeat radar detectors!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.