LEERN VHF Freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdz

Feed Provider
I'm kind of curious if anyone has heard anything on LEERN2, Stateband or Nationwide? I've never really monitored them

denseglow

I har stuff on statewide once in a while. Only thing I hear on LEERN is the 1:00 post checks.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Thanks. I've only heard comms on LEERN 1, for the little that I've monitored them.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
wdz said:
I'm kind of curious if anyone has heard anything on LEERN2, Stateband or Nationwide? I've never really monitored them

Before the switch to MARCS there were several OSP Posts acrosss the state using
154.6800 LEERN F2 as a base to mobile channel. Post 57 Dayton was using it before switching to MARCS.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
wdz said:

I used to hear LEERN 2 fairly regularly pre-MARCS. Ditto for Nationwide. State Band... all the time, still. It's a point to point channel all over the state (but mostly the western half) and is used frequently.

Tom WA8PYR

W8OSP

I hear them regualry on ther district 9 radio test. Also ive heard them alot in car chases or from time to time talking with other departments!

FPO703

Some of the local cops in Summit County (Twinsburg, precisely) use 155.370 as a chit-chat channel.

Conneaut PD in Ashtabula County uses 155.475 as a chit-chat channel

Both of these agencies use a PL tone, instead of CSQ

Mike-KC8OWL

If the band conditions are right, I can hear the 0600 LEERN radio tests from southern Ohio on 154.935. Many local agencies here in Cuyahoga county either have a seperate LEERN radio or have it programmed in the main vehicle radio if they are on VHF High-band.

The problem with the latter is that, if it's not included in the primary scan bank, it's usually never monitored by officers in cars (similar to the agency I'm with).

Nasby

The highway patrol still uses 155.37 and 154.935 when doing speed traps from the air. Especially when other non-Marcs agencies are invoved with the troopers.

Nasby

The highway patrol still uses 155.37 and 154.935 when doing speed traps from the air. Especially when other non-Marcs agencies are invoved with the troopers.

Bucko

snjct2000 said:
In my area OSP always use TAC TG for air speed control, it is rare to hear them on leern anymore here....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
snjct2000 said:

SN Jct.... you must be a railfan (probably Erie) from the Leavittsburg area...

Tom WA8PYR

Nasby

Tom, You are correct on the railfan part. SN Jct was my favorite Erie location. Too bad it's just a patch of weeds now. I'm from Kent.
Paul F.

WA8NPR

Premium Subscriber
LEERN radios in OSHP cruisers

In speaking recently with a OSHP radio tech, I learned that after the New Year that new OSHP cruisers installations will no longer have the VHF High band radios installed for LEERN. Since MARCS is working so well it has been decided that the additional radios (VHF high band ) are no longer be needed. Interconnection to LEERN will be through MARCS.

Rich

16b

Premium Subscriber
WA8NPR said:
In speaking recently with a OSHP radio tech, I learned that after the New Year that new OSHP cruisers installations will no longer have the VHF High band radios installed for LEERN. Since MARCS is working so well it has been decided that the additional radios (VHF high band ) are no longer be needed. Interconnection to LEERN will be through MARCS.

Rich
Wow.

Um, that sounds like a really bad idea.

josh2318

Here in the Youngstown area there is a lot of use still on LEERN 1 154.935 and Intercity 155.370. I haven't heard any usage on LEERN 2 154.680 in a long time. I haven't heard any Ohio agencies on 155.475 in a while, but hear PA State Police broadcasting BOLO's on it frequently.

Yokoshibu

16b said:
Wow.

disinteroperability... its nice if everyone is one the same freq... but that wasnt the intention of marcs

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
16b said:
Wow.

Especially since the patch sounds like garbage...

Status
Not open for further replies.