• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Left handed mic use mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Even though I am left handed, I only use my right hand with my mobiles. I do not have enough room to mount my radio on the left side of my truck. Having said that, if I had a right hand drive vehicle, I would likely use my left have for my radio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The mic cord is generally not long enough to hold in the left hand in a vehicle.

12dbsinad

I was considering buying a right hand drive vehicle so I could hold the mic with my left hand, but decided against it :). I got used to using my right.

cmdrwill

I remember one of my customers had me extend the mic cord, he mounted the mic on on the hang-up box which was mounted on the door of the truck. Does that qualify as a lefthanded mic? Sort of handy, just reach into the window to pick up the mic when working outside the truck.

Most all mobile installations have the mic so it is accessible from either seat, in the middle.

Delivers1234

I remember one of my customers had me extend the mic cord, he mounted the mic on on the hang-up box which was mounted on the door of the truck. Does that qualify as a lefthanded mic? Sort of handy, just reach into the window to pick up the mic when working outside the truck.

Most all mobile installations have the mic so it is accessible from either seat, in the middle.

I can extend the mic (I have a 7 ft cord). I'm running out of space in the middle and since I'm left handed I was thinking of the car door or the edge of the dash.

I also have 2mics ones from a yasesu and ones from a bearcat ssb cb.

Delta33

I can extend the mic (I have a 7 ft cord). I'm running out of space in the middle and since I'm left handed I was thinking of the car door or the edge of the dash.

I also have 2mics ones from a yasesu and ones from a bearcat ssb cb.

Make more room in the Center, or Ditch the cb. Very simple solution. ;)

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Seems to me like it'd be easy enough to run an extension under the steering column along the top of the driver footwell, even under the plastic fairing, and have it pop out over there, and stick a mic clip on the dash to the left the steering wheel, no?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Just make sure your cable run can't get tangled in the gas/brake/clutch pedal mechanisms.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Seems to me like it'd be easy enough to run an extension under the steering column along the top of the driver footwell, even under the plastic fairing, and have it pop out over there, and stick a mic clip on the dash to the left the steering wheel, no?

Yeah, right. That would be on top of my list of things to do when I get really, really bored.

Grondoline

This might work if you can still find one. The hang-up button is on the front side. They called it the "no juggle" mike.

Attachments

• mic-90-6_lg.jpg
    mic-90-6_lg.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.