• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Legacy CPS/PR860 Programming, Codeplug not loading

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the "Professional Radio CPS" off MOL to reprogram my PR860 lowband (35-50 MHz, AAH45CEC9AA3AN) and also purchased a non-RIB cable with FTDI chip. I am able to get as far as having my computer recognize the FTDI chip cable with the appropriate downloaded driver, and having the cable USB LED's light up when I attempt to read the radio (showing that there is activity). The CPS also confirms that it is "reading radio" and a progress bar appears below. After that, the "Professional radio CPS" logo appears in the program and then disappears. The codeplug does not open-up, but the status description at the bottom of the program goes back to "ready."

I don't believe this is a cable issue, seeing as the cable is able to pass information to the program. For some reason, the program refuses to open the codeplug that it tries to read. I have tried using BOTH a Windows XP traditional computer (tower+monitor, 32-bit) and my modern Windows 10 laptop. (64-bit) They BOTH give me the same result, which is weird. I attached photos to this thread for context.

Any thoughts from the radio community? I'm hoping to not have to shell-out more money for a RIB + cabling if I don't have to.

Attachments

• CPS Issue Blank ProPR860.jpg
    CPS Issue Blank ProPR860.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 14
  • CPS Issue Icon ProPR860.jpg
    CPS Issue Icon ProPR860.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17

K2NEC

Despite using the same cable as the HT750, the PR860 actually uses a different software (HVN5022)