Legacy WS-1080 database update froze at 39%.

CycleSycho

:( New one here, doing a database update (which usually is slow due to the poor quality transfer while in the scanner), froze at 39%. Not sure what to do? Do I cancel it and try again? No issues with the SD card before. Thanks for guidance. :(

CycleSycho

:) After 1/2 hour, it asked to cancel due to files not being able to copy. During another try, the same thing happened BUT this time after it asked to disconnect cable from port and reconnect, it asked me to 'repair' the drive in windows, did that and ran database update again, it again froze BUT this time it continued after about 15 minutes at 39%. Completed, and working now. Guess from now on I'll be updating out of the scanner with a card reader. :)

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
SD cards are the #1 cause of this problem. It is best to NOT leave them in the radio for reprogramming.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you're running the latest version of ezscan for the ws1080, also Run windows drive error checking on the card, let it fix everything then use prepare card in ezscan.

richwig

SD cards are the #1 cause of this problem. It is best to NOT leave them in the radio for reprogramming.

Updating SD cards by removing them from the scanner and using a card reader is SO MUCH FASTER and more reliable. I don't have the WS1080, but I have TRX-1's and TRX-2's, and the same issues exist there.

I also make sure a complete backup of the card is saved. If there is any issue, I don't hesitate to reformat the cards and load the backup file. I maintain a fleet of a dozen of these, and it works well.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If you have a card that won't format, try the sd formatter from sdcard.org, then use the Whistler software formatter.