Legal????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
What if one were to take advantage of the vox feature on say your FRS or MURS radio and use it to xmit one of the on line feeds from RR?? Would be kind of nice to have the FRS HT on the patio or while working outside and listen to RR feed.

Just wondering??

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
There are also good iPhone and Blackberry Apps for the RR feeds makes it easy to listen to the feeds when mobile or on your back porch as well Doug.

Jim<

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Something I have had and used for many years around our place is this from C. Crane Company:

C. Crane Company - Digital FM Transmitter - Toll Free (800) 522-8863

As they say, it is quite versatile on what one can hook it up to and on it's output range frequency-wise. The area it's signal can cover is, of course, dependant upon where you locate it like all `small signal' devices. Though even living in a one-story house like we do I have fairly decent coverage over the majority of our ½ acre `yard' with the device setup by a window. If one lived in a two-story house and had it setup `upstairs' one could probably get even better coverage.

It is quite well built and really easy to use. It's powered internally by a pair of AA batteries and can be externally powered by a 3 - 6VDC supply. (Unfortunately the polarity of the coaxial/`barrel' plug is `tip negative' rather that `tip-positive' something one should be careful about if using it in a `mobile' situation. Though, given that most autos these days pretty much have all plastic interiors, it shouldn't be much of a problem.) I'll admit that I really don't remember what the battery `life' is since it has been a long time since I've used it with batteries as I prefer to use a `wallwart' instead.

dougw65

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all of the ideas and comments...

found this: May I broadcast music over my MURS radio?

The MURS Rules [95.1307(a)] permit the transmission of voice or data signals. The Rules do not address the issue of transmitting music or other sounds.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... murs radio, signal link usb, radio ref feed, murs rcvr.............. just a thought ;-)

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
You might also be interested in this RS 900 MHz WFM intercom #43-124: 4-Channel 900MHz Wireless Intercom with VOX Mode - RadioShack.com.
It has VOX on transmit, or transmit lock (if desired), a line-level input, a weather radio input, and operates on either the included wall wart, or internal AA batteries, so you can use it plugged in, or carry it around. If you have rechargeable AA's installed, it will charge them when you plug it in. I've used these, and they work quite well. Kind of a 'hidden gem'.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Adding to what Curt pointed out above. I have used that exact system for quite some time, however I use it with an only analog portable scanner that I have. I hook the line out of the computer or radio that I want to listen in on outside in the garage or whatever. Then I program the scanner to the freq of the wireless intercom and just take off with the scanner. It works great...

David

dougw65

Premium Subscriber
Awesome fellas! Thanks, and Curt, nice mtg ya last week at the fest. I'm gonna order one of those spiffy ear pieces you were sportin ;-)

73-- Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.