Legality Of Whelen Electric Air Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ty12122

I also posted this in on an earlier thread similar to this, regarding light bars, but I also posted it here, in a new thread. It isn't exactly radio related, but I did the best I could to find a home on the forum for this question.

Is there any law in Canada, or more specifically, in New Brunswick that say that I can't have one of these electric "air horns" in my car?

(Link To Power Air Horn (On Whelen Engineering)

Thanks,
Jd

Keganm

Premium Subscriber
I answered your other post, so please read that first. I would also like to add that your best bet would be to consult with a local law enforcement officer. The link I provided in my answer to your other post could be interpreted a few different ways (as stated by another user).

I think it all boils down to what your intentions are for the unit itself. If its something to just annoy or scare other drivers, chances are if you get caught, the police won't be very forgiving.

Command30

http://www.gnb.ca/0062/acts/acts/m-17.htm

MISCELLANEOUS EQUIPMENT
234(1) Every motor vehicle when operated upon a highway shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and that is capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than sixty metres, but no horn or other warning device shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound or a whistle.

234(4) No vehicle shall be equipped with nor shall any person use upon a vehicle any siren, whistle, or bell, except as otherwise permitted in this section.

234(6) Any authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with a siren, whistle, or bell, capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than one hundred fifty metres, but such siren shall not be used except when such vehicle is operated in response to an emergency call or in the immediate pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry but as you said, it's off topic for this forum.

You might want to try one of the Tavern forums or elightbars.com.

Guys, we've had a couple of threads regarding vehicular warning equipment in the forum lately. Please keep in mind that this is a "forum for discussion of Radio Information..."

Try to keep your threads on topic.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.