Lehi Officer Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

Just read this on KSL: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3598559

A traffic stop in Lehi ends with a shoot-out, leaving one person dead and an officer critically injured. We understand that the officer is out of surgery and said to be in improving condition.

Lehi police got a call of a suspicious car on Main street at 8:46 a.m. A Lehi police officer, only identified as a veteran in the department, made the traffic stop. But that's when the situation turned violent, as the woman pulled a gun and fired two shots at the officer.

Lehi police Sgt. Darren Paul said, "As the officer was engaged in conversation, the driver of the Accord produced a revolver, shot two times at the officer, striking him in the head. Backup officers arrived shortly after the stop was made and were able to return fire. The female subsequently died on the scene. The officer is listed in critical condition at this time. He is with his family, and we are optimistic and hopeful for a full recovery."

The officer was treated at the scene and then taken by medical helicopter to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.

We don't know a lot about the suspect other than she was driving a Honda Accord with license plates from Washington State. Witnesses say the officers fired several shots at her and she was killed.

Lehi Main street, just east of I-15, remains closed and likely will be closed for several more hours, as a special team of investigators from Utah County conduct an independent investigation of what happened here.

utahcomms

It is sounding like the bullet grazed along the outside of his skull if the reports I'm hearing are accurate. That happens a lot as long as there is no penetration of the skull, it follows the skull under the muscle and skin and exits some distance from the point of impact.

I live in Lehi, and have relatives in LE that have been killed while on duty. This hits close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.