Lehigh Valley NXDN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in or around the Lehigh Valley hearing any NXDN?

Conway (L264 Site 26 - Salisbury) is running but there is very little in comms most days.

I found only 1 other entity using NXDN, a concrete supplier 461.9750 (4800, RAN 14), which can be busy at times. Haven't determined WHO as of yet, and have had no luck through licensing.

Norfolk Southern and PPL seem to be non existent on my end of the valley anyway. Every once in a great while I hear one of the 400MHz PPL frequencies.

Just wondering how everyone else is doing in the quest for NXDN.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I've been monitoring Conway also (it sounds very good on the TRX), and even during the day it isn't all that busy. I just bought a pro-2054 and once I tap it I am going to watch it with DSD for a few days and see what I log when I am not around.

I haven't found anything else on the Jersey side so far.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I've been using DSD+ to find new entities. Searching with either TRX is such a pain. I keep getting hits on all DMR and analog. I found about 15-18 TGID's for Conway so far. I haven't really figured out who they are though.

I submitted an idea to Whistler about the possibility of being able to set mode in limit search. It would be nice to set mode to NXDN and only open squelch for NXDN. Like being able to set DSD+ to only decode certain modes.

I thought there would be much more NXDN than there is.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm monitoring various licenses in my area (PA, DE, MD) to include conventional and trunked. For one particular system, there are some licensed sites that are very busy, some sites that appear to have only a single user that hardly talks, and at least one site where there is no sign at all of anything to include control channel.

For some, I suspect the business demand just isn't there yet and/or the usage in those areas is still analog and hasn't converted yet.

And then there are other licenses - like railroads - that seem to be getting licensed across the board for NXDN that someday they'll roll out... but there's very little active around here that I can find.

I'm curious to see if that as things evolve regarding regulations and deadlines, we'll start to see more NXDN usage for public safety.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Getting back to the Conway Industrial Electronics System, I just started monitoring with DSD and first thing I found were 2 unlisted sites.

Sites 6 & 20 show up as neighbors on the Leigh County site. After searching the licenses I believe both those sites are in Luzerne County.

Site 6
WPMW892
PENOBSCOT MOUNTAIN HANOVER TWNSHIP
MOUNTAINTOP, PA LUZERNE County

There is a Scranton site with the same freq, however I my feeling is that it would not show up as a neighbor.
WPMV813
BALD MOUNTAIN 3.2 KM W
SCRANTON, PA LACKAWANNA County

Site 20 appears to be in Hazelton.
WPMV811
RR HUMBOLT IND PK 1 MI S OF RT 924
HAZELTON, PA LUZERNE County

I don't get out that way, but if anyone else does, maybe they can verify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.