Lemmon Valley Flood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokechaser87

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the long term flooding affecting the Lemmon Valley area north of Reno is now under a local Incident Command Structure.
Command: TM Peavine 158.7450

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I've heard some traffic on 156.075. There may be operations on the 800 MHZ system, but I haven't heard any. Lemmon Valley is about 15 miles from me so it may be I'm out of range.

SCPD

QRT
When an interagency incident command team starts managing an incident and the team is organized by a fire fighting team VHF-High is generally the only band used. Quite often flood incidents use more firefighters than any other profession. Such a team can order up radios from the National Incident Radio Support Cache (NIRSC), which uses VHF-High with UHF linking radios. How county deputies interface with VHF radios is something I don't know. The Nevada interoperability plan shows a large number of mountain tops that are equipped cross band patches for various frequencies. Maybe those frequencies and those of the NIRSC should be monitored. I understand an Urban Search and Rescue team from Las Vegas is being used. There are UHF frequencies assigned, on a national basis and maybe scanning those channels would yield some results. Then again, local systems might be enough for this incident.

Smokechaser87

Premium Subscriber
The 156.0750 frequency is the TX for NDF (RX 158.895). The only tax channels I've heard is
159.3450 NDF Red1
158.8650 NDF Red2

Status
Not open for further replies.