Lemoore NAS Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cisco211

Lemoore NAS

I had good luck with 271.5500 AM when I was there although it seemed like monitoring the FACSFAC frequencies in that area proved to be the best bet.

Also you might want to try the Grove Frequency Directory, they have freqs for just about every military base. Where exactly are you located?

tim
ki4eax

DPD1

There's about 4 AA and one base for each unit, plus wing freqs in a pool shared by all the units, and used as safety of flight, FAC, and so on. Best thing to do is just start searching and see what you can figure out yourself. Matching the voices on ATC at the same time helps figure it out. The few people that have figured out stuff like that probably aren't going to post a list publicly... It's too much work to give away. :)

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Featuring the MilTenna Air Band Antennas -

BMT

Guys the best way to handle this is to start a local e-mail group, you are able to control list membership. You can trade info within in your group.
We have a group like this in the SOUTHEASTERN state's.

BMT

selgaran

DPD1 said:
The few people that have figured out stuff like that probably aren't going to post a list publicly... It's too much work to give away. :)

Which sort of defeats the whole purpose of this website...

BMT

When this discussion first started I sent someone a short list LNAS freqs and admitted the list was old and ask for feedback.
NOTHING HEARD TO DATE!!
Try joining MILCOM@qth.net and search the archived message's. Very little has been posted about LNAS.

I have been monitoring MILAIR for 25+ years and have a sizeable dB of over 6,000 freq's in the UHF band. I have identified 4500+ as to their use not user. I still have one scanner searching 225-399.9 everyday.

If I wanted freqs used by LNAS the first thing I would do is program the VHF/UHF freqs and FACSFAC San Diego(BEAVER) freqs published in the IFR Supplement.

Download and SAVE this link: http://www.facsfacsd.navy.mil/31201E.PDF
There is a ton of info and freqs in this PDF document!!!!

BMT

DPD1

BMT said:
When this discussion first started I sent someone a short list LNAS freqs and admitted the list was old and ask for feedback.
NOTHING HEARD TO DATE!!
Try joining MILCOM@qth.net and search the archived message's. Very little has been posted about LNAS.

I think it's mainly because that area is in the middle of nowhere. There's just not enough people living out there who care. When it comes to AA, you actually have a better chance listening in their main work areas, like 2508 and W289. Then make the notes, and try to match the ATC to the AAs when they pass through in the future. Once you get the same unit matched a few times, you know you've got one. Base is even harder, because you basically have about a 5 second chance to get it. When a plane is coming back, you get something like: "Base... 105, 15 minutes out, jet up". That's it... Your big chance to find it in a search. But when you get one, it's like hitting the lottery.

And yes, it may defeat the purpose of this site... But mil stuff is not the same as other radio. It takes years of hard work and monitoring to make sense of things. This may seem harsh, and I'm not saying that this is the case with the originator of this thread... But it's a fact that there are many people who have a passing fancy with mil stuff. They ask for freqs thinking it will be just like other radio stuff... You put in the freqs and you'll be hearing non-stop Tom Cruise 'Top Gun' stuff all day long, or some big secret Aurora spy plane or something. When they realize it's nothing like that, they get bored and move on. It's asking a lot to expect someone to divulge 100% of their info that took years to collect, so somebody can realize they don't want to listen after all.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
- Custom Scanner, Aviation, MURS, GMRS, Marine & Ham Antennas -

P-3_Radio_Guy

Lemoore Frequencies

Does anyone know what they use for Land Mobile frequencies. Last time I was there they were using 138-144 MHz. Have they changed over to a trunked system in the 406-420 or 380-399 MHz range?

Mick

While driving north on I-5 July 26th I logged this upon entering Fresno County:

381.8375 14C Site 522 WBee00 NAC 140

This could be Naval Air Station Lemoore. Is anyone close enough to monitor it?

kma371

QRT
Monitored that system.

DB updated to add site 5-022. Can pretty much confirm it's Lemoore NAS.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for checking doing your trip south.
icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.