Lenawee Co. possibly jumping on the MPSCS bandwagon in the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The funding can be from grants and new millage. They might not need to add many towers, which helps to keep costs down.

Sent via Tapatalk

nsrailfan6130

Yeah true. Like I said, we'll see how it plays out. It's still some time down the road yet and a lot can happen between now n then. One thing I will say is the last time we tried for 800, there was all kinds of hell raised from that discussion because of what they felt was unreliability issues as well as safety issues. I don't know if there is a FR from Monroe Co or Washtenaw Co that can give an idea as to what their experiences are using 800 on a fire scene or the like.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I would think the departments that go into Washtenaw would have some input. I wonder if statements from "outsiders" would be considered as strongly.

Sent via Tapatalk

fireresq2825

As a firefighter the uses it in both Monroe and Washtenaw Counties, and have been for almost 10 years now, it works very well and reliability has not been an issue. It was somewhat scary to initially move to but in the long haul I can't even imagine going back to the old VHF system.

Status
Not open for further replies.