Leonardtown, MD - 911 radio network soon to become obsolete

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Unless I'm mistaken, they're using EDACS. Just like Ocean City, Worcester County, and hundreds of other systems around the country. What the skinny here?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
It means that it is time to spend lots of money. replace it or your hooped when it breaks down. so i guess that means that the EDACS system in my city is also going the same way... even though it works well.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
It means that it is time to spend lots of money. replace it or your hooped when it breaks down. so i guess that means that the EDACS system in my city is also going the same way... even though it works well.

That is exactly correct. Consumers Energy here in Michigan, has an EDACS TRS that covers the entire Lower Peninsula. They were notified by M/A-COM in 2008, they were going to phase out their EDACS technology by 2012, but when Harris took over, they extended that deadline to the year 2014. With that said, this means that EDACS users, will have to migrate to a new platform that consists of one of the following modulation methods:

• OpenSky
  • Project 25IP
  • ProVoice
73s

Ron

ocguard

That is exactly correct. Consumers Energy here in Michigan, has an EDACS TRS that covers the entire Lower Peninsula. They were notified by M/A-COM in 2008, they were going to phase out their EDACS technology by 2012, but when Harris took over, they extended that deadline to the year 2014. With that said, this means that EDACS users, will have to migrate to a new platform that consists of one of the following modulation methods:

• OpenSky
  • Project 25IP
  • ProVoice
73s

Ron

Is there another trunked platform that can carry ProVoice? I was under the impression that only EDACS and conventional can support ProVoice modulation.

winglessBat

St. Mary should really consider working with Charles County 800MHz system and expand on the current system into a Tri-County system. Look @ what Queen Anne, Talbot and Caroline have done with Motorola. Charles County has 10 sites, 3 or 4 of which are along the border between Charles and St. Mary, it provides a huge overlap coverage into St. Mary already.

Status
Not open for further replies.