Let's give a big shout out

Status
Not open for further replies.

balibago

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey let's give a shout out to everyone using sophisticated wireless two way communications devices to stay in touch at home or on the go!!!!!

Darth_vader

Let's hear it for all the idiot drivers who can't leave their cell phones alone for thirty seconds when they're in traffic! Yay to the minivan-driving jackoff teenager who almost hit me head-on this morning at Mill Plain & NE 117th...apparently the text message she was replying to was so urgent she just couldn't stop at a parking lot somewhere. Nice work!

*cheers and applause*

wtp

the geico insurance guy i watched testing while driving
its illegal in florida now , thanks in no part to the insurance companies.

Darth_vader

It's been "illegal" here in Washington for probably close to 8 years.

At first it was a secondary infraction, but we voted to upgrade it to a primary infraction a few election cycles ago. I put "illegal" in quotation marks above because although the law exists on the books, it's rarely (if ever) enforced. I've even seen cops sitting in traffic at intersections next to cell phone drivers and completely ignoring them.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Lets give a shout out to the people who know enough not to use the damn things while driving. I'm sure that's a pretty small list however. I have seen countless people on their damn smartphone driving. I go to a restaurant and they're not even eating! They have their nose in the smartphone and so does everyone else siting at the table. It's just craziness!

Blackink

I own a cell phone. Use it sometimes too, but my wife sure doesn't get it when I leave it at home when we both go out somewhere together.

Why in heck do we need 2 cell phones???

She just doesn't get it....I don't use mine anymore than I have to!!!!

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Lets give a shout out to the people who know enough not to use the damn things while driving. I'm sure that's a pretty small list however. I have seen countless people on their damn smartphone driving. I go to a restaurant and they're not even eating! They have their nose in the smartphone and so does everyone else siting at the table. It's just craziness!

Well i got one for ya, on the way to Portage, WI to catch the Amtrak to do Dayton last year we saw someone actually TEXTING while driving, which is illeagal here in WI. Only one i`ve seen texting so far, but when my sis pointed it out to me i kinda perked up and started watching the person via my binoculars just to see how they were managing the driving thingy while tapping away on the phone. Even mentioned it on the train, was good for some snickers :D. N9NRA

n5ims

Our local PTA sent out a FB post from one of the parents that took a pic of the cell phone ban sign on the school zone sign posts. The text of the post stated "It's good that they're now enforcing no cell phones in the school zones and our kids should now be safer." Several others made similar posts.

The school resource officer also responded and indicated that there had been several stops for cell phone use in the school zones this year and a few were interesting. Apparently those few thought that it was only illegal to talk on your cell phone and were surprised when they got a ticket for texting in the school zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.