Let's See your Canadain Shack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

Hey All,

So what are all of us Canucks running? Post some pictures of your current setup..

Ill be the first..

p845612084-5.jpg

The best place in the GTA to listen to your scanner is on top of Hamilton Mountain, you can enjoy a coffee, listen to your scanner.. and enjoy the amazing city and lake views! .. not to mention from that spot...you can get Durham, York, Peel, Toronto, Niagara, ON and NY, and of course.. Hamilton!

p1047372620-5.jpg

Here are some pictures I took of the view after dark.. if your lady hates scanning.. take her here.. and she will learn to love it..

p421689839-4.jpg

p431920704-4.jpg

p442081653-4.jpg

Here is one I took in the day.. Look in the background and you can see the skyline of Toronto

p917171740-4.jpg

For anyone who wants to know.. its called Mountain Park drive.. just off Upper Fennel Street in Hamilton.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
But the sad thing is..You are in Hamilton.
:)
Better yet I am in Burlington where there are no mulletts & I get the same towers/systems.
Seriously it is a good location, I used to live just below the mountain there.

I'd show you my 'shack' but it consists of 2 scanners, not much of a shack, I figured the gurus who comment on everything in the my pictures forum would make fun.

VE3RADIO

But the sad thing is..You are in Hamilton.
:)
Better yet I am in Burlington where there are no mulletts & I get the same towers/systems.
Seriously it is a good location, I used to live just below the mountain there.

I'd show you my 'shack' but it consists of 2 scanners, not much of a shack, I figured the gurus who comment on everything in the my pictures forum would make fun.

Yes it is Hamilton.. i know it well I lived on Charlton Ave for some time.. A friend of mine from Mississauga always told me.. Hamilton is where Canada hides it's white trash. But i still love it.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
If Mike lets us keep this thread going and not move it to the picture forum I will take a few pics of my 'shack.' If only to give Ron a plug for the scanner stand.
Eric

xpawel15x

Sorry I'm off topic, but what is the antenna on the Pro-96? Those are some very nice pictures btw..:cool:

jellotor

I'd love to post a picture of my setup in my new place but the truth is that it isn't, well, set up yet. It took me and another guy 7-8 hours just to wire the edit suite together so I've kind of decided to put scanner crap on hold temporarily and make sure everything else I need is unpacked first.

tusker305

So the white trash is in Hamilton. Those are sharp pics. And the radio coverage, wow. No wonder I feel so out of place in Windsor. I will be there as soon as I can find some wheels for the house. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

acosell

For anyone who wants to know.. its called Mountain Park drive.. just off Upper Fennel Street in Hamilton.

You mean Mountain Drive Park in the Mountain Brow / Kenilworth Access area?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
"My shack"

This is my shack.
The inside shot is my 396 with a Diamond SMA77RCA antenna.
A Pro2045 does some conventional stuff.
The seal on the scanner is 30 years old and an heirloom.

The Outside shot is my scanner on my balcony next to a bottle of life juice
lol.

I wish I could get a clear shot of Hamilton from my balcony but the haze beyond what you can see is Aldershot and Hamilton.

P.S WZI My wife liked your pictures.
Where did you take the one of Hamiltondowntown at night around city hall?

Eric

Attachments

• aaascanner.jpg
    aaascanner.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 340
  • aaagay.jpg
    aaagay.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 329
  • aaaantena.jpg
    aaaantena.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 307

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you guys can keep the thread on topic and radio related I have no problems with it staying.

Pretty sure the brown and white apartment building on the left in the 3rd night shot is where I lived for a year. Directly across the street from Copps Coliseum. Used to search the bands just before a concert to hear how many wireless mic's I could pick up.

dvdbir

Ok, you guys got me beat ... all I have is a Uniden 785d (digital) and a 16 channel ICOM transceiver. I remember the days of the first scanner I had with those LEDS and the chrystals you had to buy LOL, then we hit the digital age - PHEW! Not as expensive when they change frequencies ! And that was only 4 channels at that time.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Here is a couple of pics in the good old Central Ontario. The scanners are always changing with different ones.
WZ1, what great pics you took there.

100_2545.jpg

100_2546.jpg

These are some old pics of the antennas, installed some new that I need to take pictures of.
100_1203.jpg

VE3RADIO

P.S WZI My wife liked your pictures.
Where did you take the one of Hamiltondowntown at night around city hall?

Eric

I took the one of downtown from the roof of 150 Charlton .. i was up there for a scan one night! I tell you .. i was right beside the charlton fleetnet tower and my scanner was overloading..

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Here is a couple of pics in the good old Central Ontario. The scanners are always changing with different ones.
WZ1, what great pics you took there.

Damn I wish I could keep my desk that clean! :)

I still love that tilt over mast you built too.... I'm hoping to make one myself one of these days.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I'd show pictures of my shack but certain members on this board frown at my background wallpaper on my computer screens... Guess they don't like women... :lol:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Well then right click and change it to none and then take a picture.

I'd show pictures of my shack but certain members on this board frown at my background wallpaper on my computer screens... Guess they don't like women... :lol:

jellotor

Here's my new 'office' complete with scanners that aren't even wired in yet!

For those of you who are interested among the various bits of equipment in here I have a Power Mac G4 running Final Cut Pro, a Celeron 2.6 GHz running XP for various things and a Power Mac 9600/233 hidden away in the back that runs my poor old Avid. In addition to various bits of TV gear I've also got a BC250D, a BC246T, a BC760XLT, a BC890XLT and a BC895XLT.

Audio outputs from the scanners are patchable to two mono inputs on my audio mixer. Additionally, three of the scanners have discriminator taps that are also patchable into two K6 machines (also hidden) for running one of the various trunker equivalents.

Video is also extensively patchable but you wouldn't care about that...

Attachments

• IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 374
Status
Not open for further replies.