Lewes PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1LMQ

I just moved to Lewes, DE and bought a PRO-2096 to monitor local public safety. I programmed several talkgroup IDs from the list on this site, but I haven't heard anything from Lewes PD (13392). Is it just because there is very little radio traffic, or is there another talkgroup ID that isn't posted? Or maybe I don't have the Sussex County system programmed correctly? Right now it's monitoring only the control frequencies, and I can here plenty of ferry comms and FD/EMS comms. I was a bit confused over how the system works (I'm used to EDACS system where every frequency has to be entered in the exact order).

Also, does UDel Lewes use any of the 4 UDel IDs that are listed (19312, 19344, 19376, 13072)?

Sorry if I overlooked the answer to any of these questions in the forums. Thanks for helping!

Matt

de784

Feed Provider
lewes pd

The 13392 is the town channel which as most use a lot of encryption,most town channels are silent most of the time,Lewes pd is dispatched through suscom under the id of 947 so when you hear suscom say suscom to 947 and a unit number may be 5 7 9 so forth that is Lewes pd. Hope this helps

doctordave

Specifically, the "SUSCOM" dispatch talkgroup is: 2448. The associated "DATA" talkgroup (for tag info, etc) is: 2544. SUSCOM is the DSP dispatch center for Sussex Co, but as de784 pointed out, they also dispatch many local PD units on their channel.

The countywide police mutual aid (PMA) TG and the statewide PMA TG are well worth keeping in, as well.

KB3JUV

Welcome to Lewes, I think you'll find it a very pleasant town!

Occasionally you will hear chatter from the Lewes campus on the Udel SW channel. Not a whole lot goes down at this campus here.

Justin
KB3JUV
Also in Lewes

Status
Not open for further replies.