Lewis and Clark Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuadenny

On the county APCO 25 VHF Trunked System Design, each site is still listed as (eventually) using both digital and analog:

Law Enforcement Center
5 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

East Helena
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Hogback
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Hedges
1 Ch P25 Conventional/Analog

MacDonald Pass
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Belmont
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Stonewall

Wolf Creek
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Sunset
3 Ch P25 Trunked
1 Ch Analog

Augusta

Is this still accurate, meaning that this system will again be audible on analog only radios?
I can wait, and I do have something else in mind in the $500 range for my next new toy, but if that's been abandoned, I'll need to go for the 996. Any clue?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
As I understand it, the primary communications system will be the P25 trunking system. The analog channel is designed to be used for a fallback/backup when the primary P25 TRS system fails or the unit can't make it into the system. The vast majority of all communications will be on P25 trunking. IMHO, I would buy the 996, as you will need it once this system takes off.

In the future, I would also look for additional channels in the 163-174 MHz area to be added to the system. The long-term plan is to integrate the JWIN P25 TRS onto the Montana system. This will allow both sides to save money when its all said and done with.

73's

Ron

joshuadenny

i had planned on getting the 996 at some point, most of the family is in the minneapolis metro, which will be essential in the next couple years. even so, i think its still toy # 2 on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.