Lewis County Highways and DPW's

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Looking for more information for Lewis County's Highways and DPW's frequencies, some i have in so far, but im missing most of the northern end of the county, as well as the western portion. Most operate on Low band and im finding out some are unlicesned, or are piggy backing off other licenses possiably. Such as Town of Lewis Highway Department shares the same Barn as The Village of West Leyden, both have low band antennas on their vehicles, but not finding anything in the FCC database for either. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. what information you add on to this, feel free to submit the information as well.

k2hz

Database Admin
I don't know the present situation but, many years ago, I believe most activity was on 37.940 under the County KEE858 license. Some Towns have a license for their own base on 37.940 or some other frequencies like 37.90.

The County also has 37.98 on their license.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Cummings the FCC search thing can be really weird you have to be some what dead on with the name or it wont come back with anything, or something not even close to what you are looking for.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Sure there Low band? Some Highband 3db gain antenna look the same....and i found a expired 151.100 WXP652 for the Town Of Lewis.....i was using the zip code search with no limits....try that.... Also found Essexx county with a repeater on 151.085

Last edited:

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Sure there Low band? Some Highband 3db gain antenna look the same....and i found a expired 151.100 WXP652 for the Town Of Lewis.....i was using the zip code search with no limits....try that.... Also found Essexx county with a repeater on 151.085

It was a 4 foot whip antenna attacthed to the pickup truck i saw today, it could very well be high band, and that license if for the highway department in Essex County.

Cummings the FCC search thing can be really weird you have to be some what dead on with the name or it wont come back with anything, or something not even close to what you are looking for.

When i was searching for the license i was searching for all active licenses in Lewis County, but i didnt include expired licenses

I don't know the present situation but, many years ago, I believe most activity was on 37.940 under the County KEE858 license. Some Towns have a license for their own base on 37.940 or some other frequencies like 37.90.

The County also has 37.98 on their license.

@ k2hz ive noticed the same frequency on some licenses for some of the highway departments, the ones that are on 37.94 just have different PL tones for each agency. theres also multiple agencies on the 37.90. as well as some on vhf hi and uhf (lowville). im trying to figure out what pl tones to go wich department, and the 'un licensed ones' to find out what they are operating on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.