Lewis Prison S/O Buckeye

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Could anyone provide me with info on monitoring the Lewis Prison south of Buckeye,AZ. Trunked system? Talkgroups? Etc. or are they on conventional freqs? any info would be appreciated. Thank You

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Could anyone provide me with info on monitoring the Lewis Prison south of Buckeye,AZ. Trunked system? Talkgroups? Etc. or are they on conventional freqs? any info would be appreciated. Thank You

Hello,

Since it is a state prison complex, it will be conventional freqs. Down here in the Tucson area, I plugged in all of the "yard" frequencies and was able to isolate which ones were active, and used by each of the individual units.

This prison has the following complexes: Stiner, Morey, Barchey, Bachman, Buckley, and Rast. So listen for these names to be transmitted on independent yard frequencies.

Try these out:

These should be mostly yard frequencies, but other activities may found on them.

154.92000000 - Should be the Complex Frequency

Other Operations might be found by searching between 151-159mhz

Please post what you find.

Thanks,

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Hey John, arn't the prison complexs in Buckeye privately owned? And if so, wouldn't they have another set of freqs licensed to what-ever company owns them. Just curious.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hey John, arn't the prison complexs in Buckeye privately owned? And if so, wouldn't they have another set of freqs licensed to what-ever company owns them. Just curious.

Hello Mark,

Per their application to the FCC, they are a "state agency involved in law enforcement". The frequencies granted are valid DOC frequencies, per other known references, i.e. SWFD. It's just a matter of confirming their use, one hopes :)

Here is the FCC link for them, basically what I've already responded with and a little bit more ....
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1293316

Here is a link to their website for the complex, via the AZ-DOC site: http://www.adc.state.az.us/adc/prisons/lewis.asp

And....while we are at it, it'd be nice to confirm the other complex locations use of their frequencies too. Yeah, I know, they are extremely boring to listen to, but when stuff happens, it can get exciting....

There are 10 prison complexes. Tucson is posted.

K7TKR

Premium Subscriber
Thanks John, I'll take a look at the link and add the freqs to a quick-key so I can monitor next time I pass by there. Pretty far hop from our yard to that facility and lots of terrain in the way. But I'll see what I can pick up.

And as far as boring, well, have the Maricopa County jails programmed in so why not those too. Never know what may hear-kind've like right now, monitoring Casa Grande and Pinal county, including the Wally-World Dist center up here-can hear some interesting things from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.